Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Interrupt / Interlock question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
I've searched, but have only come up with results similar.... Question for guys with later cars / harnesses; Is there any reason I need to keep the interlock system located under the passenger seat?

I know I can engage the starter by linking the Yellow and Yellow and Red wires, but I'm concerned that some items won't activate, as I see some leads are the same colors. Is it possible for me to solder leads together and completely remove the equipment?

The harness is a 75', however the car is a 70' 2.6 conversion. First photo shows the system when pulled, however based on the look of a lot of the connections, I'm thinking of 'deleting' it completely.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JeffBowlsby
Don't even think about removing it. Just connect the big yellow and yellow-red together and be done with it. Study the schematic and you will quickly see why this should not be removed.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 24 2020, 10:15 PM) *

Don't even think about removing it. Just connect the big yellow and yellow-red together and be done with it. Study the schematic and you will quickly see why this should not be removed.

Hi Jeff, thanks. For my own knowledge, is this the case even with a conversion?
JeffBowlsby
Yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.