Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone using the Patrick Motorsports 6 mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lg914
If anyone is using the Patrick motorsports 6 tilting mount I need a bit of help. I need the measurement from the center pivot point to the bottom of the firewall.

Thanks for any and all help
Larmo63
It kind of just goes in one place.....? Doesn't Patrick have any install instructions, or it didn't come with any? I seem to recall mine did.

sixnotfour
the measurement to the pivot wont help ,, they are 2 different manufactures... you need the measurement from floor pinch weld to the lower mount holes....se your other post for the number...
Lg914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 6 2020, 04:19 PM) *

the measurement to the pivot wont help ,, they are 2 different manufactures... you need the measurement from floor pinch weld to the lower mount holes....se your other post for the number...

Good to know.

Now I am looking for the measurement from the lower mounting hole to the the pinch weld.
Lg914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 6 2020, 03:54 PM) *

It kind of just goes in one place.....? Doesn't Patrick have any install instructions, or it didn't come with any? I seem to recall mine did.

Thanks for the help.

I have a naroescape Mount which puts the motor lower than the Patrick mount. I am trying to figure out how much lower. So I can decide how to proceed.
mepstein
QUOTE(Lg914 @ Jun 6 2020, 05:28 PM) *

Thanks for the help.

I have a naroescape Mount which puts the motor lower than the Patrick mount. I am trying to figure out how much lower. So I can decide how to proceed.

I like the Naro mount but it did give me some issues. I think it drops the engine too low and not only made the tin gap a bit but the engine sits lower and interfered with the shift rod. Ben had to rework his heat exchanger so I had clearance.
sixnotfour
The real measuring point would be from the floor weld flange to the two bottom holes of the mount.. is 3 inches up from weld flange.
Larmo63
My picture above is a 'before' dry mounted shot. Before we welded it, it got weld through primer, welded, and primed/painted.

Even though they are pricey, I like this mount.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 6 2020, 01:36 PM) *

Thanks for the help.

I like the Naro mount but it did give me some issues. I think it drops the engine too low and not only made the tin gap a bit but the engine sits lower and interfered with the shift rod. Ben had to rework his heat exchanger so I had clearance.

Any pictures of a Naroscape Mount in a car? Would like to see the mods to that were needed. Shift linkage and what ever else needs to be altered.
I bought one off the classified's here. Hope it was a good idea. huh.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jun 6 2020, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 6 2020, 01:36 PM) *

Thanks for the help.

Any pictures of a Naroscape Mount in a car? Would like to see the mods to that were needed. Shift linkage and what ever else needs to be altered.
I bought one off the classified's here. Hope it was a good idea. huh.gif

Directions are to mount it at the bottom of the bulkhead. I would just raise it up 1” or better yet, dry fit it like Mark suggested.
sixnotfour
Narrow needs provide info....... Lots more want stock than racing..... @naro914
Causing a lot of unnecessary tweeking, and problems

Patrick's instructions are downloadable..

any fire wall deviation will change installed height... But Narows is designed lower..
sixnotfour
naro mount..low boy
sixnotfour
Patrick mount..install directions available to download PMS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.