Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing pedal board driver's side '73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
Is it a huge job to remove the driver's side pedal board so I can get to the master cylinder? Will a '73 have a reset button on the master cylinder? I bled and replaced fluid but that red light is still on.

One more question: Is it difficult to identify the idle screw on a 2.0? Remove the air cleaner? Idle is running around 1500. I think it should be more like 1,000rpm correct?

Thanks!
SirAndy
You don't get to the master cylinder from the inside of the car. You access it from under the car or the drivers side wheel well.
shades.gif
Ampex351
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Jun 11 2020, 01:24 PM) *

Is it a huge job to remove the driver's side pedal board so I can get to the master cylinder? Will a '73 have a reset button on the master cylinder? I bled and replaced fluid but that red light is still on.

One more question: Is it difficult to identify the idle screw on a 2.0? Remove the air cleaner? Idle is running around 1500. I think it should be more like 1,000rpm correct?

Thanks!

Is there a cover plate or something for access?
roblav1
Master is under the car.
Ampex351
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jun 11 2020, 01:48 PM) *

Master is under the car.

Where under the car? How do you access it?
ndfrigi
borrowed pic from a member here.
For the idle screw (air), you don’t need to remove anything. Go to
the passenger side and try to look for it by your left hand for the adjustment screw on the rear buttom of the air filter on the throttle body. Or maybe you have vacuum leak that makes the idle higher.
around 1,500 rpm when cold (AAR open) and around 850 to 1k rpm when warm (AAR closed)
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
remove the rack and pinion cover underneath the car that covers the steering rack. You can also bleed the brakes to reset

QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Jun 11 2020, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jun 11 2020, 01:48 PM) *

Master is under the car.

Where under the car? How do you access it?

TheCabinetmaker
Like Andy said, you can reach it from the rear of the drivers front wheel. No need to remove anything for the reset button.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.