Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cabin Electrical connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Good evening (UK time)
Hope everyone is well and enjoying whatever it is they are doing
I am gradually putting things back together and making some progress
I have a few electrical connections that I don’t have figured out
Could you tell me what they are for pleaseClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dt4
I have you all baffled then?
or fed up of all the questions idea.gif
Rob-O
Can I make a suggestion?

1. Post them one at a time (even if it is within this thread).
2. Give as much information as you can about where the wires are currently and where they seem to come from.
3. Describe your due diligence (ex: I’ve looked at a wiring diagram for my ‘73 2.0L, but I don’t see a yellow with red striped wire anywhere on the wiring diagrams that run through the cabin). With info like that at least people know you’ve done a little searching yourself and still can’t find the answer.

But I’ll take a quick stab at a few based on location and what they look like. You can find wiring diagrams online with the color coding. It helps immensely tracking things down.

1. Looks like part of the seat belt cushion pressure sensor/seat belt receiver connectors. Looks like a few have been cut.
2. Looks like connectors for the center console gauges. Doesn’t look like you have a center console though.
3. No idea because I can’t tell where from the picture this is located in the cabin.
4. Looks like part of the seals belt interlock relay wiring. I only say that because of the two large yellow wires in that bundle.

What year is the car?
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif egr counter goes in pass. side foot well..

2. Looks like connectors for the center console gauges. Doesn’t look like you have a center console though.
Tucks under carpet your missing the Defrost on light, useses blue black wire
dt4
Thank you @Rob-O and @sixnotfour
that helps explain some of the connections

I hear the advice about providing more info and what checks I have completed so far, thanks for the pointers.

I am just building up the centre console so I will see what I am left with once that is in place
ClayPerrine
Photo #1 is supposed to connect to the seat belt buckles for the seat belt interlock system.

Photo #4 is the seatbelt interlock relay. The Yellow and Yellow with a red tracer are already spliced together. So it is bypassed and shouldn't be an issue.

Photo #5 is the wiring for the backpad light.

dt4
thank you @ClayPerrine
appreciated
dt4
I did find something in my parts bin that mates up to one part of the wiringClick to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 17 2020, 07:52 AM) *

I did find something in my parts bin that mates up to one part of the wiringClick to view attachment

You no longer need that relay if your large yellow power wires are looped together.
fiacra
You may find the following thread useful:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=13582

Many thanks to @sirandy for doing that.

I have a 1975 1.8 sitting under a cover in my garage. It is a bit socked in with the debris of a disorganized garage but if you need pictures of specific area I can probably get those for you. I will warn you I cannot always respond quickly, but within 24 hours is reasonable. PM me if you want and I'll send you my email address as that probably is quicker.

Good luck!!!!!
dt4
QUOTE(fiacra @ Jun 16 2020, 10:35 PM) *

You may find the following thread useful:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=13582

Many thanks to @sirandy for doing that.

I have a 1975 1.8 sitting under a cover in my garage. It is a bit socked in with the debris of a disorganized garage but if you need pictures of specific area I can probably get those for you. I will warn you I cannot always respond quickly, but within 24 hours is reasonable. PM me if you want and I'll send you my email address as that probably is quicker.

Good luck!!!!!

thank you, much appreciated @fiacra
Coondog
Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn’t all later 914s come pre-wired for a center console ??
Steve
The one by the shifter is for the center console connections. Temp, voltmeter and clock.
dt4
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 17 2020, 02:23 PM) *

The one by the shifter is for the center console connections. Temp, voltmeter and clock.

I just need to identify the wires on the harness to connect with the loom connectors
Steve
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 17 2020, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 17 2020, 02:23 PM) *

I just need to identify the wires on the harness to connect with the loom connectors

I would purchase a 914 Haynes manual. It has all the diagrams. The first picture goes to a seat pad for the fasten seat belt system.
Second picture goes to the center console,
The picture with the yellow wire bypass, was for the seat belt interlock system.
I also have a 75 914. I am only using some of the wires out of the center console loom.
You can also google it and several diagrams will come up.
http://volt914.blogspot.com/2007/07/1975-c...ng-diagram.html
JeffBowlsby
Find it here:

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

dt4
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 17 2020, 06:13 PM) *

brilliant @JeffBowlsby
I will check against the sketch
thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.