Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FJ1200
Greetings,

I took the two column switches out to clean and lubricate them. When separating them, this little tab hit the floor and for the life of me I can not figure out which screw it fits under and what it's purpose is. This is a 72 914.

Thanks, Dan

76-914
1/2 of a fuse holder beerchug.gif
FJ1200
I don't think its part of a fuse holder. The hole is a perfect fit for the cheese head screws that hold the switches in place, and it dropped when I pulled the screws out of the 2 column switches.

Thanks anyway, anyone else?
bbrock
Isn't that the little copper contact in the wiper switch that is loose so everybody loses it right before they find out their horn no worky?
scallyk9
Those always fall out and hit the floor, then I spend time figuring where it fell from. Over and over again...I don't learn quickly. You are correct. It goes where it steps down a level and yes, the hole s for one of the long mounting screws. It becomes more obvious when you go to assemble the wiper and light switch "sandwich".
FJ1200
So it sounds like it goes between the two switches, does the tab point inward and engage something?

Thanks,

Dan
Bleyseng
Its the special brass contact piece that is the grounding connection to make the intermittent or flick wipe work. Everyone loses them and took me a year to find one to make my setup work.
FJ1200
Well, I needed to call AA to order a few pieces so I ran this past George. It fits into the upper right screw position and completes the ground circuit for the wipers in the wash function. Picture attached. As always thanks to the help and knowledge of George at AA.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.