Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Front Hub Information
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Just though I would post up some information for those doing 911 front hubs and the differences.
Superhawk996
Awesome summary of hubs -- Thanks for posting.

first.gif
andrewb
Very timely and useful information - thanks. I'm just trying to source another hub for my 5 lug conversion and thought all I had to check for was '47mm'.

Couple of extra questions if I may - firstly what's the significance of the .03 and .04 numbers ?

Secondly the 58mm and 71.5mm dimensions - do they locate into the centres of certain types of wheel ? I'm fitting cookie cutters for now.

Thanks
914Sixer
03, 04 just indicate different versions of hub. As shown, the 03 has small 55mm diameter bearing cover and the 04 has the larger 71.5 mm cover. Your cookie cutters will work with no problem.
bdstone914
@andrewb
' date='Jun 27 2020, 12:54 AM' post='2828507']
Very timely and useful information - thanks. I'm just trying to source another hub for my 5 lug conversion and thought all I had to check for was '47mm'.

Couple of extra questions if I may - firstly what's the significance of the .03 and .04 numbers ?

Secondly the 58mm and 71.5mm dimensions - do they locate into the centres of certain types of wheel ? I'm fitting cookie cutters for now.

Thanks
[/quote]

The grease caps are different.
One goes inside of the raised boss and one goes over the boss. I may have a single i can sell. You could mix an 03 and 04 with no problems.

Bruce
sixnotfour
Hubcentric
brant
Off topic slightly ..... ?

How long are front studs supposed to be?

Tia
slivel
Can you address any differences in wheel bearings or spindles that can be used?
andrewb
'914Sixer'
03, 04 just indicate different versions of hub. As shown, the 03 has small 55mm diameter bearing cover and the 04 has the larger 71.5 mm cover. Your cookie cutters will work with no problem.

Thanks Mark.

'bdstone914'
The grease caps are different.
One goes inside of the raised boss and one goes over the boss. I may have a single i can sell. You could mix an 03 and 04 with no problems.

Thanks to you also Bruce - that was my next question. And thanks for the offer but I'll try and find one this side of the pond. Just out of interest over here they seem to go for £75 to £150 depending on condition etc.
914Sixer
Stock length wheel bolts were 45 mm. Lots of other combinations depending of the spacers you are using.
bdstone914
@brant
' date='Jun 27 2020, 09:49 AM' post='2828599']
Off topic slightly ..... ?

How long are front studs supposed to be?

Tia
[/quote]

Standard studs are 45mm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.