Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ohionegretes
Have a 1973 Porsche 914. I’ve had it for about six months now, it will not go into anything but second or third gear. Not sure if I need a bunch of new bushings or linkage for the shifter.
fiacra
QUOTE(ohionegretes @ Jun 26 2020, 07:34 PM) *

Have a 1973 Porsche 914. I’ve had it for about six months now, it will not go into anything but second or third gear. Not sure if I need a bunch of new bushings or linkage for the shifter.

What have you checked so far? Best to let everybody know that you have at least started to make an effort, and what you have found. That will help guide the advice/guidance you get. Bushings are a good place to start. Tons of information on previous threads from other people with similar problems. Best way that I, and many others, have found to search this forum is to use Google and add the search term "914World."
porschetub
QUOTE(fiacra @ Jun 27 2020, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(ohionegretes @ Jun 26 2020, 07:34 PM) *

What have you checked so far? Best to let everybody know that you have at least started to make an effort, and what you have found. That will help guide the advice/guidance you get. Bushings are a good place to start. Tons of information on previous threads from other people with similar problems. Best way that I, and many others, have found to search this forum is to use Google and add the search term "914World."

agree.gif appears little done slap.gif .
TheCabinetmaker
First thing l would do is crawl under the car and give the shift rod a few good shakes. It should be solid and tight. Then, pull the rod covers,. And visually inspect the bushings. Good luck
rhodyguy
Something is awry with the linkage assembly or the transmission. Perhaps both.
Tdskip
Look at the first picture here - will give you a better idea about #1 most likely issue.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=342826
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.