Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! FS: '72 914 1.7 in Philly area - lots of pictures!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
dkos
Thanks everyone for your help! I'll post the car to the Classified section of the forum. Is there a quicker way to migrate the photos to a new post?

Would you suggest posting it to Craigslist? eBay? Anywhere else?
dkos
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 6 2020, 12:02 AM) *

I would think some P-car or 914 guy in the Penn area with a trailer and wanting a 914 project would be glad to part with 1K for that... one important question- do the windows roll up or is it trying to fold in half?

(must say the longitudinal "repair" is rather interesting)

The windows do roll up. I'll try to get a picture today

ALSO, I have the title to this car
VaccaRabite
@dkos

I moved your thread to the Classifieds Cars and Rollers section.

I'd suggest editing the first post with a sale price and let people know that picture of the car are below. No reason to start from scratch.

Zach (an Admin)
dkos
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 6 2020, 10:21 AM) *

@dkos

I moved your thread to the Classifieds Cars and Rollers section.

I'd suggest editing the first post with a sale price and let people know that picture of the car are below. No reason to start from scratch.

Zach (an Admin)

Great! Thanks!
iankarr
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jul 6 2020, 03:22 AM) *

QUOTE(dkos @ Jul 5 2020, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jul 5 2020, 07:36 PM) *

Interesting rocker panel repairs. Never seen it like that, but... although incorrect, if the welds are good, it might be ok as rat type rod. The telling feature is the rear door gaps.
My cent and a half... agree somewhere between 1 and 2k.

My feeling, when I started this post, was that this is a parts car. As mepstein graciously put it, "It's a pretty rusty car that has had some less than desirable "repair" to it". I don't want to portray this car as anything it is not and I'm not looking to gouge anyone on the price. Assuming the worst for the rust situation and the crappy metalwork, could it still be worth $1000?.

I think you are right about it being a parts car, and I would say probably 800-1000 tops because its a tail shift 1.7 so the market for those parts is rather limited. If it was a 2L car with its injection intact than sure, 2k no problem. The problem with the 1.7/side shift stuff is that its not an upgrade for anyone, so the only people looking to use these parts are those with 1.7s and most people who are pulling their 1.7 or tail shift for repair are looking to upgrade anyways.

I know the east and west coast markets differ a bit but those are the prices I am accustom to out here.

Absolutely shouldn't be trashed though, there is still usable 50 year old NLA parts here.

agree.gif 1000%.

@dkos there are two great options here. 1) decide how much you want for the car and post it in the classifieds (I see that Zach already moved the thread). Or, 2) If you're unsure what the car is worth and you're concerned about selling it too cheaply, put it on ebay and let the market decide its value. As for the pics, you can always upload everything to a hosting service and put the link in your ad.
euro911
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jul 6 2020, 12:22 AM) *

I think you are right about it being a parts car, and I would say probably 800-1000 tops because its a tail shift 1.7 so the market for those parts is rather limited. If it was a 2L car with its injection intact than sure, 2k no problem. The problem with the 1.7/side shift stuff is that its not an upgrade for anyone, so the only people looking to use these parts are those with 1.7s and most people who are pulling their 1.7 or tail shift for repair are looking to upgrade anyways.

I know the east and west coast markets differ a bit but those are the prices I am accustom to out here.

Absolutely shouldn't be trashed though, there is still usable 50 year old NLA parts here.
What? I have a '71 1.7L, although the rebuild consists of a new 1.9L motor and new side shift transaxle going in it.

There's a lot of possibilities for the seller's car: a big '4', conversion to a '6', a Subi, a Buick 215 V6, LS1 V8 ... flares, 5-lug conversion - the list goes on
dkos
I am motivated to move this car out of my garage. Make an offer
nditiz1
Dave,

Not what I think its worth, but i do have space at my house and a trailer AND am only 1.5hr to Philly from Baltimore.

$500 to give you the space back.
Montreal914
Outside rockers are Brad Mayer long kit. Many have installed it on they cars to stiffen the longs and have been very pleased with the results, including me.

Not sure if the inner kit is an Engman kit or something inspired.

GLWTS beerchug.gif
dkos
Pics of the hell hole
dkos
A few more photos
Craigers17
I think you've got a $1500 914 all day long! The front trunk has a few spots, the front of driver's rear quarter at the bottom looks a little "bondo sketchy", and it obviously needs some bodywork. That said, as far as 50 year old hell holes goes, yours looks pretty damn good. The floor pans look like they've already been addressed, and the rear trunk looks pretty good.

The longs are a bit suspicious, but honestly, that could go either way. To me it looks like the inner longs have a stiffening kit, and another poster says the outside is also a stiffening kit. I find it unlikely that someone would go to the trouble of addressing the inside and outside of the longs, just to leave the insides a rusty mess. Personally, I could care less if the jacking point is there....although, if it bothers you, it looks like he has included a set in the sale. My point here is that if you're buying this to make it into an autocrosser or nice driver quality vehicle, this whole "long" issue might be a good thing. It could be stiffer than stock. I guess you'd need a camera in there to really know.

The other places I would like to see are behind the back pad AND pictures from underneath the car...doughnut holes, suspension, trailing arms, etc. It's 4 screws to remove the pad and unscrewing the engine lid latch. The bottoms of the firewall behind the seat are often rusted. It would be nice to see the condition of those lower firewall corners.

If you're interested in a future concours car, this is likely not it. If you want to upgrade the suspension, engine, and create your version of the 914, I think this is a great place to start. Good Luck! beerchug.gif
dkos
I was asked to post pics of the underside of the car, jack points, engine firewall, suspension mounting ears. The pics aren't the best but as good as i could do with the car on the ground.
dkos
...more
VG-914
QUOTE(dkos @ Jul 10 2020, 10:46 AM) *

...more

I think you should take all of these pictures, and submit this to www.bringatrailer.com for a No Reserve auction, and you will have it sold in seven days for their $90 fee, and will see what the market will go for her. Post on here that its listed, and lookers on 914world will bid too!
Best way to move it out of the garage quickly!
Good luck with it! Nice to see barn finds still out there worth attacking! I'd do it, but have two already and need to unload one myself! beerchug.gif smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.