Full Version: TEENERPALÜZA Driving Event - Sept 24-27, 2020
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
bludden
reservations made!
DRPHIL914
Reservation made!
poorsche914
One last reminder that what's left of our room block will be released to the general public after today. If you plan on staying at the host hotel, be sure to book your room TODAY! Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 then select option 3 then 1. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-575. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 08/24/2020.
Host hotel is Wild Bear Inn located at 4236 Parkway in Pigeon Forge, TN.

If you haven't yet registered, please REGISTER HERE before 9.14.20 so I can get a final shirt count to the printer.

A Tech Session "Electric System Troubleshooting" has been added to the event activities and will be hosted by Clay Perrine.

Also, wanted to mention there will be a few "prizes" to be given away including a set of aluminum rocker panels from @dlee6204 , a bag and ladies tote from Red Line Nine, and a set of rotors from PMB Performance @Eric_Shea

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 24 2020, 03:16 PM) *

One last reminder that what's left of our room block will be released to the general public after today. If you plan on staying at the host hotel, be sure to book your room TODAY! Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 then select option 3 then 1. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-575. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 08/24/2020.
Host hotel is Wild Bear Inn located at 4236 Parkway in Pigeon Forge, TN.

If you haven't yet registered, please REGISTER HERE before 9.14.20 so I can get a final shirt count to the printer.

A Tech Session "Electric System Troubleshooting" has been added to the event activities and will be hosted by Clay Perrine.

Also, wanted to mention there will be a few "prizes" to be given away including a set of aluminum rocker panels from @dlee6204 , a bag and ladies tote from Red Line Nine, and a set of rotors from PMB Performance @Eric_Shea

driving.gif

aktion035.gif looking forward to it. Cars and coffee is nice but few other aircooled cars here , and this past week i was the only 914 and none of the corvairs made it, just a couple aircooled 911's. AND too hot for decent driving aroudn here right now, so i hope it cools down, i am watching the temps there and its still pretty warm in Tn too.
Hoping for some cool nights!!

have you designed the shirt yet, Steve?
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 25 2020, 02:33 PM) *

No, not yet dry.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
Updated the attendee list in post #49

Look like we'll have upwards of 4 dozen attendees with 28 914s aktion035.gif

Still a few more days to get registered if you want a t-shirt.

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 25 2020, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 25 2020, 02:33 PM) *

No, not yet dry.gif

driving.gif

popcorn[1].gif
hey Steve, i may have a friend coming with but he's not really interested in the shirt etc, but may change his mind once he sees it, anyway Jim has been up to Okteenerfest before, and found out he will be able to get the time off and come up. If he doesnt want a shirt, is there any reason to "register"? just riding along -
Oh and i hope your temps cool off in the next 2 weeks, looks a little warm still.... i know you cant control the weather but..., but it does not matter, we will be driving teeners in the trees!! - is there a good place to go hang out outside in the evening like up in Helen along the creek?(with room for proper social distancing of course as well).

Looking forward to it,

Phil
naro914
OK, so I've been told I've been noticeably absent from this thread and event. Even being accused of hiding in my basement not seeing the rest of the world.... lol. Nothing could be further from the truth on that!!!

We went to Colorado in April to see Nadine's mom after Nadine's father died, then starting Memorial Day weekend, we were at the track as a vendor for 6 straight weekends. Had a few off in July, went to Summit Point Raceway to drive at the end of July (had a bad trans fluid leak that ended the weekend early), Spent a week in Florida for my fathers surgery, and have been to the track twice since then to work.

Trust me...I really REALLY want to be there and really REALLY wanted to have a normal Okteenerfest. Steven and I spoke about this months ago and unfortunately our schedule (for this year at least) conflicted with every single weekend in September and most of October... sad.gif

But I am getting to race next weekend, so that's good! (17 914's are currently signed up for the PCA Club Race at Summit Point!!!).

So to the person that shall remain nameless...no, we are NOT alike in hiding from the world!! poke.gif lol3.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 10 2020, 10:04 AM) *
hey Steve, i may have a friend coming with but he's not really interested in the shirt etc, ... just riding along
No problem. I'll have a few extra shirts printed just in case anyone wants one.
Oh and i hope your temps cool off in the next 2 weeks...
The mountain roads, especially through the Park, will be several degrees cooler than the "lowlands" smile.gif
is there a good place to go hang out outside in the evening like up in Helen along the creek?
Can do like during the Rod Runs and park your folding chairs on the sidewalk along the Parway lol-2.gif or... hang out at the Wild Bear Tavern and enjoy its German cuisine and selection of beer and liquor (closes at 8:00 dry.gif ). A short distance down the Parkway is Patriot Park. Or, we can hang out in the parking lot biggrin.gif

Two more weeks...
driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 10 2020, 12:17 PM) *
OK, so I've been told I've been noticeably absent from this thread and event

Hey, Bob... good to hear from you. Have fun at Summit Point and the other upcoming weekends of racing.
Hopefully, 2021 will be a more "normal" year and Okteenerfest can resume as usual.

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 10 2020, 11:17 AM) *

OK, so I've been told I've been noticeably absent from this thread and event. Even being accused of hiding in my basement not seeing the rest of the world.... lol.

So to the person that shall remain nameless...no, we are NOT alike in hiding from the world!! poke.gif lol3.gif

Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much. (A variation on a line from Shakespeare's “Hamlet”)

As the nameless person in your post, I have to say it worked. You finally emerged from the basement and posted. poke.gif

I am glad to hear you are staying busy. Sorry we are going to miss you at Teenerpalooza. We will post pictures, so you can view them from the basement. lol3.gif

FYI... I can't hide in the basement, they don't put them in houses in Texas. But I will admit to spending a lot of time in the garage. smash.gif welder.gif
naro914
Ha! I've been active posting in a lot of places, just not where you are Clay...maybe on purpose??? idea.gif av-943.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 10 2020, 02:08 PM) *

Ha! I've been active posting in a lot of places, just not where you are Clay...maybe on purpose??? idea.gif av-943.gif

sorry we will not get to see you guys this year!, well good thing its not an official Okteenerfest, so your perfect record for attendance to Okteenerfest may still be in place. well we may have to vote on that, or atleast there will be an asterisk ** in the official record book poke.gif , i guess that may leave just a few of us that have made and driven our car at all the Okteenerfests........ Hope to see you next year!!!!

Good luck at the races,

Phil
Betty
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 10 2020, 11:17 AM) *

OK, so I've been told I've been noticeably absent from this thread ...

Please give Nadine our condolences? And we hope your Dad is doing ok now?

We're just happy you're getting to race and doing the business thing!!! cheer.gif

We're going to miss you guys soooo freaking much, but life does happen. If even the tiniest hole opens up in the schedule, you know where to find us that weekend! driving-girl.gif driving.gif happy11.gif lol-2.gif beerchug.gif

How about posting some video of Summit Point? driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif That many 914's in a club race?!?! - it' s going to look just like racing did back when 914's were new.
Al Meredith
"I hate it when this happens" I'm going to have to cancel my weekend in Pigeon Forge as I am scheduled for spine surgery on the 25th. I was hoping I could work around the date but the Dr. just called with the date . I will surely miss y'all . I be good shape next year. Al
stevegm
Is anybody bringing a drone? PM me if you can.
poorsche914
T-shirt order has been made.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
914dave
That looks awesome!!!!
lvnzdrm
I’m officially unfocused at work until my return from this event! Looking forward to the drive and great people! Small, small punch list, pretty much ready!

Danny...... how’s it going?

ClayPerrine
3 more work days before I am off a week to attend this event. We leave out of here a week from today!!!!!

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I wanna go NOW!!!!
poorsche914
The scenery should be phenomenal - a "leaf watching" map I saw predicts the leaves in the Smokies to be near peak the weekend of Teenerpalüza.

driving.gif
bahnzai
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Sep 15 2020, 09:50 PM) *

I’m officially unfocused at work until my return from this event! Looking forward to the drive and great people! Small, small punch list, pretty much ready!

Going back in this weekend...cutting it too close!!!
bahnzai
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 11 2020, 05:13 PM) *

"I hate it when this happens" I'm going to have to cancel my weekend in Pigeon Forge as I am scheduled for spine surgery on the 25th. I was hoping I could work around the date but the Dr. just called with the date . I will surely miss y'all . I be good shape next year. Al

Al, sorry to hear this! Will miss meeting up with you. Thanks for the help with the tranny!
Olympic 914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Sep 16 2020, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Sep 15 2020, 09:50 PM) *

Going back in this weekend...cutting it too close!!!

Hope everything goes back together smoothly.

I'm keeping it simple, just an oil change and its ready.

See you there.
poorsche914
Being east Tennessee, this WILL change dry.gif

Might want to make sure your heat system is working. Mornings are bound to be chilly smile.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
mad.gif sad.gif dry.gif barf.gif
unfortunately i will not be making the trip,
due to medical issue last week and having to miss 4 days of work i cannot make the trip.
just cans sit and drive that far right now. (kidney stones) not clearing out so i have to bail.

see you all next year.

Phil
914four
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2020, 09:09 AM) *

see you all next year.

Phil

That's unfortunate, but on the bright side, it's one way to keep you car looking good until the car show next year. smile.gif Hope you feel better soon.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914four @ Sep 20 2020, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2020, 09:09 AM) *

see you all next year.

Phil

That's unfortunate, but on the bright side, it's one way to keep you car looking good until the car show next year. smile.gif Hope you feel better soon.

well that’s true, and also why i was doing clear bra Xpel treatment to the front, and i am considering doing that on the rear quarters and doors too.
hope you keep that beauty as is and see you next year. i have been touching some stuff up and cleaned up a few things that i couldn’t afford to do 2 years ago... if you can believe it, it’s actually improved from last year, it since we are in the custom class, i plan on adding some tasteful dealer offered type options like ski rack etc!. just added this.....
Olympic 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 17 2020, 09:48 AM) *

Being east Tennessee, this WILL change dry.gif

Might want to make sure your heat system is working. Mornings are bound to be chilly smile.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Looks like BETA has changed the forecast a bit...

So in addition to having your Heat system in order, You will want to be sure that you Wipers work also.

Looks like Clay will be suffering this weather for most of his drive up...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bludden
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2020, 10:09 AM) *

due to medical issue last week and having to miss 4 days of work i cannot make the trip.
just cans sit and drive that far right now. (kidney stones) not clearing out so i have to bail.

see you all next year.

Phil

That's too bad I was looking forward to meeting you. Kidney stones are no joke take it easy!
poorsche914
If it's any consolation, rain pictures on the Dragon look great pat.gif

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bludden @ Sep 21 2020, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2020, 10:09 AM) *

see you all next year.

Phil

That's too bad I was looking forward to meeting you. Kidney stones are no joke take it easy!

yea, it really sucks but what would suck more would be having one on the trip!. Steve M. knows about that, happened to him a few years back. I got food poisoning from the BBQ joint thursday night 3 years back in Banner Elk, was sick all day friday, still couldnt eat at the banquet either... so if you ever go to Banner Elk, just dont eat at the Pink Pig, ... or the Pepto Pig i call it now dry.gif

So we'lll have to get together up in Charlotte then sometime. Let me know if there are any car events starting back up and i will come up. We are down in SC and our son lives in Charlotte so we like to come up as much as we can!

Phil
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 21 2020, 09:12 AM) *

So in addition to having your Heat system in order, You will want to be sure that you Wipers work also.

I don't think we will suffer that much. We are leaving very early on Wednesday morning, and from your pictures, we will be well ahead of Beta. Plus, Elwood just got all new seals for the passenger compartment. They fit nice and tight. Yes, I know he's a 914, so they are going to leak, but it has been cut down as much as possible. We will be putting towels inside to catch any leaks while he is on the trailer, and we have an umbrella cover for when he is parked.

And when I showed Betty this, she said "Doesn't matter, we are coming no matter what!"

We arrive very late Wednesday night, so we will see any early arrivers on Thursday!

Clay

Olympic 914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 21 2020, 02:05 PM) *

I don't think we will suffer that much.

We will be putting towels inside to catch any leaks

and we have an umbrella cover for when he is parked.

And when I showed Betty this, she said "Doesn't matter, we are coming no matter what!"

Clay

I always carry a Towel.

Click to view attachment

Al Meredith
Phil, Sorry you and I will not be meeting again ,this time in Pigeon Forge . Both of us should be in good shape by the next function . Since I couldn't be there I went ahead and shipped your windshield stuff , you should have it by now. AL
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 21 2020, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 21 2020, 02:05 PM) *

I don't think we will suffer that much.

We will be putting towels inside to catch any leaks

and we have an umbrella cover for when he is parked.

Clay

I always carry a Towel.

Click to view attachment

This year is the 42nd anniversary of the publication of the first book. biggrin.gif

Garland
“ And when I showed Betty this, she said "Doesn't matter, we are coming no matter what!"”

Love that answer! white914.jpg
Betty
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 21 2020, 01:14 PM) *

... Both of us should be in good shape by the next function.

Just hate that both of you won't be there but you'll both be rarin' to go for the next event!

Al, I hope you'll post your status when you're able to after the surgery? And Phil, I hope that sucker gets to moving! cheer.gif
lvnzdrm
Had a minor set back Saturday while driving. Fried the rotor button. Swapped over from my green car. Changed the cap, rotor, wires and new points. GPS mount is wired, and drove to work today. Tonight I adjust heat cables, rain x and pack spares and tools. See everyone soon.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 21 2020, 02:14 PM) *

Phil, Sorry you and I will not be meeting again ,this time in Pigeon Forge . Both of us should be in good shape by the next function . Since I couldn't be there I went ahead and shipped your windshield stuff , you should have it by now. AL
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 22 2020, 06:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 21 2020, 01:14 PM) *

... Both of us should be in good shape by the next function.

Just hate that both of you won't be there but you'll both be rarin' to go for the next event!

Al, I hope you'll post your status when you're able to after the surgery? And Phil, I hope that sucker gets to moving! cheer.gif

@Betty thanks, i am sure we'll be there next year, i am really sad to miss out, its like missing a Family Reunion! sad.gif

@Al Meredith yes sir! it came saturday, sorry i didnt confirm the delivery of it.

I am doing better but still am getting some pains telling me its not all moved out yet,

i was considering still coming up a day ago, when i thought i had cleared it all but, has not so i hate to get there and then be dealing with that, so i am going to stay home, and go to carsandcoffeehhi .

Post lots of pictures!!!

914dave
The weather is trending in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Sorry you won’t make it Phil.
Minerva's 914
Sad to add to the defectors but this past weekend my Boxster's PDK turned into a box full of neutrals. Looks like it will be a lot of work and expensive. Sigh, gotta stay here and get it back on the road ASAP.

You guys have fun.
Garland
Just finished a partial repaint, ran out of time to make it a complete. Next is an oil change it may be a little rain-x. Just in case.

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
We are headed out in 10 minutes!!!!

Woo Hoo!

See y'all there! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Garland @ Sep 22 2020, 12:32 PM) *

Just finished a partial repaint, ran out of time to make it a complete. Next is an oil change it may be a little rain-x. Just in case.

Click to view attachment

Man that is cutting it CLOSE!, no time to even cure! that looks pretty good too, dont mess that paint job up by not letting it cure long enough, unless you are planning on a wrap over it? have a great weekend
Garland
No worry, Acrylic Lacquer PPG, Reassembled last night leaving first thing tomorrow morning.
Up in the air this morning changing the oil, found both rear shocks seeping from the top seal. Koni reds, I’m going with seepage, opposed to leakage. Still seem to be dampenIng.

Also I’m still going with the bumper sticker, unofficially.

Click to view attachment
914dave
Babies are tucked away. Tennessee bound in the am

Click to view attachment
Tonyooc
Have fun...if all goes well I'll be there next year. Looking at places in NC next month.
VaccaRabite
Hey folks,
THis thread is now an image uploader thread.

Just email your pics to:Click to view attachment

Iphone users: remember... BUTTON TO THE RIGHT.
Otherwise your pics will look funny standing on end.

Zach
Live Event Uploader
On our way

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.