Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visor issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chucktone
Hi All,

The visors on my '76 914 will not stay in place. It's as though the parts you insert into the mounting brackets are a bit too short. Any advice is welcome.
BPic
Does it flop or slide out of the pins?

There is a screw at each end that tighten a clip on the inside that clamps around the post that they are inserted on. You can adjust the side to side by loosening both get the correct left to right centered and tighten this screw.

Click to view attachment
76-914
Yep, the pins have slid inside the visor too far. Loosen those screws and pull the out until they are firmly nested. Then tighten to the desire tension. beerchug.gif
mmichalik
I was having the same issue on my '74. It was pretty old and tired looking so I bought a new set of hardware for the visors from 914Rubber.
When I went to pull the old hardware out, the piece inside the passenger side visor was actually a pencil that someone whiddled down to fit.
I should have taken a pic of it and posted in the DAPO thread that was floating around a couple of months ago.
Mikey914
One of the reasons we made the visor clips was to give a solid mount. The loose plastic pins require you to tighten down to hold in place. As you rotate them the clamp bites sinto the plastic requires more pressure to rotate. We use stainless pins so as the clip turns around it the stainless allows it to spin. The OEM were steel plated with chrome. So as it spun the chrome is worn, so if it gets wet you get rust.
Coondog
Replaced my old stock pins with the 914 rubber pins and my loose visor problems went away.
Chucktone
Thanks for help. All things considered, an easy fix.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you must seat the pins into the plastic clip and make sure that they are firmly in there. Then stick the assembly into the visor with the screw very loose and mount the visor. THEN slowly tighten the tensioning screw until the visor just holds itself up

QUOTE(Chucktone @ Jul 13 2020, 02:14 PM) *

Hi All,

The visors on my '76 914 will not stay in place. It's as though the parts you insert into the mounting brackets are a bit too short. Any advice is welcome.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.