Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB window channel fuzzies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914andy
Hello all,
I looking for left and right fuzzies that go in the door window channels. I have a 71 six and apparently the early 914's are different from later ones. I reckon these are NLA.
I would like to find a couple in decent shape if possible...not concours but not falling apart when you pick them up.
Or...if someone is making these point me to them. I haven't found them yet.
many thanks
Andy
theer
Andy,

914Rubber makes them new.

Tom
euro911
Check out 914rubber.com type.gif

Inner fuzzies: https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/i...sealing-strip-1

Outer fuzzies: https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/o...sealing-strip-1
914andy
I will be contacting them anyway but I don't believe thats what I need. I am looking for the piece that goes inside the vertical window channel that the front of the up/down side window goes in. The fixed vent window goes on the other Side of the channel.
The gap on late 914's is 6mm....gap on the early 914s is 3mm.
upward and onward

Andy
euro911
Might have to look at early 911/912 - or possibly VW parts? I purchased window channel fuzzy inserts for my '66 912, but don't remember exactly where - it's been several years. I'll see iffin I can find the invoice popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
Those Fuzzy links are the items on the inner and outer top of the doors. Are you referring to the front and rear verticle channels the the windows run up and down in? Does your car have early or late window regulators?
bdstone914
@914andy
' date='Jul 13 2020, 08:29 PM' post='2833591']
I will be contacting them anyway but I don't believe thats what I need. I am looking for the piece that goes inside the vertical window channel that the front of the up/down side window goes in. The fixed vent window goes on the other Side of the channel.
The gap on late 914's is 6mm....gap on the early 914s is 3mm.
upward and onward

Andy
[/quote]
Early cars with original regulators do not have fuzzys in the vertical channel. They have four rollers that guide the window in the channel.
If you convert to scissor type regulators you can add the fuzzys.
rhodyguy
And swap the F&R vert Channels and rear window caps.

bdstone914
@rhodyguy
date='Jul 14 2020, 08:12 AM' post='2833692']
And swap the F&R vert Channels and rear window caps.
[/quote]

It is not needed to swap the vertical front and rear channels when converting to late regulators.
I just tore down a set of early 914 doors that have no reinforcements, use early front vertical posts with fuzzies.
You may be correct on the rear guide cap for the glass.
I am going to check those doors to see what was used.

@914andy
914andy
Alright then...even at a ripe old age I still learn something new everyday! idea.gif
And just because I seem to be good friends with Murphy, I would imagine swapping some of this over to later model stuff is easier said than done. I will find out one day...but not today.
Thanks for all the info
Andy
rhodyguy
1970-72 Channel, Glass Guide Front 914 542 013 10 L and 014 10 R

1973-76 Channel, Glass Guide front 914 542 013 11 L and 041 11 R

The rear is listed as common for both.
euro911
Try Auto Atlanta then ...

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...n=91454201310#a
euro911
Unfortunately it states those are for 1973-1976 doors dry.gif
Mikey914
The metal is the same on all.
You can't use any fuzzy on the front as the early uses rollers in the track.
Do you still have the plastic fin on the back of the glass?
914andy
I think some of our definitions need to be clarified.
What do you mean all the metal is the same?
The front metal long channel that bolts close to the bottom inside the door that the window goes up and down in. I have a 74-4 and a 71-6....they are definitely different.
Once I have the time to investigate further...maybe I will learn what the rollers are.
Just seems kinda odd that there is nothing in that channel but some rollers. Maybe thats why doors rust so easily....seems like a lot of water could get in there.
And I reckon I don't know what the plastic fin is. Is it the cap for the vent window that screws the channel at the front top?
Since I just took possession of the car after a loooooong wait, I'm in no hurry to start tearing things apart. Thats what winter is for.
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.