Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Jack Assistance is Needed Please.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
If anyone had run into this before or have any helpful tips, it would be appreciated. If not no worries I plan to call their troubleshooting hotline Monday.

I was able to lift a vehicle up then down, didn't really come all the way down but good enough to slide the QJ out and pretty much applied my weight on them to finish going all the way down. Curiosity got the best of me so I lifted them with no weight they both went up. And only one came back down slowly. The other side appears to be stuck and would not come down or up. It is currently stuck in the up position.

The thing I have tried is to ensure the side tank was pressurized to 50psi.
I tried swapping the hydraulic lines still that one side won't move. The other side works fine up and down. So it seems it's not the lines or the hydraulic unit. But the that particular cylinder?

Any thoughts for the weekend.

Thanks, everyone!
Aualexa1
https://help.quickjack.com/support/solution...ith-no-vehicle-

Maybe try adding a bunch of weight
Cairo94507
I agree with the weight. When I raise my lift (not a quick jack though) if there is not a car on it, it takes a long time to go all the way down. And in the winter time, it is really slow. I used the recommended hydraulic fluid BTW. Of course with a car on the lift it goes down quite nicely. beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
Check the air pressure in the cylinders. Mine started acting wonky and the air was low.

I don't remember the pressure, But it will be listed in the manual.

Edit. Sorry i didn't see you already checked the pressure...…
914sgofast2
The Quick Jacks need weight on them to come down. Put a couple of cinder blocks on the one stuck in the up position, then hit the down function on the control button. If that doesn’t work, then slowly open the bleed screw on the offending lift, but don’t get your hand or fingertips caught when it crashes down!
Robarabian
15 psi..

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jul 19 2020, 07:12 AM) *

Check the air pressure in the cylinders. Mine started acting wonky and the air was low.

914werke
it says specifically in the instructions you must always have weight on the lifts when raising/lowering them
pilothyer
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jul 19 2020, 10:14 AM) *

15 psi..

Put 50 PSI (NO MORE) in the cylinders. It won't take much as they are small, Their job is to return to full down position.
Coondog
Just stand on it while lowering.
913B
I tried stack a set of tire and wheels on it and no dice.
drem914
QUOTE(913B @ Jul 19 2020, 10:48 PM) *

I had the happened to me when I first bought mine and I set a bunch of cases of water bottles on it. You just need weight. when you call customer service they will say 300 lbs. (ask me how I know)
Robarabian
Put them side by side.. you cant stand on just one the other will rise. Get the whole family and a few neighbors.. divide up the people and stand on both of them... with a few hundred pounds only, they will come down slow.

Robarabian
The instructions say a max of 15... so be careful with that much pressure..

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jul 19 2020, 08:56 PM) *

15 psi..

Put 50 PSI (NO MORE) in the cylinders. It won't take much as they are small, Their job is to return to full down position.

913B
Hmm my instruction manual says 50 psi max not 15 that’s kind of odd, maybe older models. I recently bought my QJ less than 1 yr ago. Good idea I will get the entire family to balance on them and see if they will go down.
KELTY360
QUOTE(913B @ Jul 20 2020, 08:12 AM) *

Hmm my instruction manual says 50 psi max not 15 that’s kind of odd, maybe older models. I recently bought my QJ less than 1 yr ago. Good idea I will get the entire family to balance on them and see if they will go down.

Be sure to get pics of this. biggrin.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(913B @ Jul 20 2020, 09:12 AM) *

Same, I have the 7500# version and it wanted 40-50 PSI--could be model dependent.
pilothyer
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jul 20 2020, 09:24 AM) *

The instructions say a max of 15... so be careful with that much pressure..

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jul 19 2020, 08:56 PM) *

15 psi..

Watch this official Quick Jack Video (2:00 into the video starts the air it up part.)

QUICK JACK
913B
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 20 2020, 08:55 AM) *

I had the happened to me when I first bought mine and I set a bunch of cases of water bottles on it. You just need weight. when you call customer service they will say 300 lbs. (ask me how I know)

Yup, that was the trick. I stacked a set of tires and my kids and I stood on it, >#300

I operated a few more times to bleed the system but just lifted to about the first lock.
It still needs a little assistance to finally rest all the way down, but hopefully, after time it will be better.

Thanks, everyone,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.