Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you secure a late blower in the engine bay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
Can anyone send me a photo of a late blower motor (single outlet with splitter top divert output into two hoses) is secured in the engine bay please.

Have a 1973 2.0litre which had no blower fitted. I've bought a used one which has a single outlet with a pipe coupling that splits into two. I'm not sure what I need to fit this and secure it into the engine space??

I believe the early ones (twin output) had a bracket but the later models had a strap? Is that correct? Do you know what the strap attaches to? Is welding required to the back of the engine space?

If anyone has a photo that would be perfect. There's a strap for sale on the World at a great price, but before buying it I wanted to check. Can't seem to see how that fits on the PET diagrams; they seem to only have the bracket??

Thank you in advance!
Nick
914werke
If your car is indeed a mid to late build date 73 you will have a stand that is spot welded to the drivers eng. shelf below the relay board
if it isnt there its probably an early build date (72 MY) in which the blower was mounted to the impeller housing & there was no stand

Early blower motor
Click to view attachment
Late Motor stand (yes I have these available FS)
Click to view attachment
Late motor (not a great pic)
Click to view attachment
Olympic 914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there is a cradle on the left front engine shelf under the relay board. There is a rubber pad in the cradle and a thick clamp around the blower and the cradle to secure it

QUOTE(frostyf @ Jul 23 2020, 10:54 AM) *

Can anyone send me a photo of a late blower motor (single outlet with splitter top divert output into two hoses) is secured in the engine bay please.

Have a 1973 2.0litre which had no blower fitted. I've bought a used one which has a single outlet with a pipe coupling that splits into two. I'm not sure what I need to fit this and secure it into the engine space??

I believe the early ones (twin output) had a bracket but the later models had a strap? Is that correct? Do you know what the strap attaches to? Is welding required to the back of the engine space?

If anyone has a photo that would be perfect. There's a strap for sale on the World at a great price, but before buying it I wanted to check. Can't seem to see how that fits on the PET diagrams; they seem to only have the bracket??

Thank you in advance!
Nick

frostyf
Thanks for the advice and Olympic Blue, many thanks for the photos - Ideal. A picture paints a thousand words etc!!

Guess I need to buy a stand and get it welded in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.