Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrading 1.8 to 2.0 Euro Spec
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nor.Cal.914
I have a '75 1.8 and I would like to know if it is possible and what would be required to convert to a 2.0 Euro Spec. Is there block and/or head machining necessary? If not possible, what is the biggest cylinders I could put on my 1.8? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (NeunXIV @ Jul 11 2005, 03:14 PM)
I have a '75 1.8 and I would like to know if it is possible and what would be required to convert to a 2.0 Euro Spec. Is there block and/or head machining necessary? If not possible, what is the biggest cylinders I could put on my 1.8? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris

I'm 99% sure the 'euro spec' is the same as the 2.0 US spec from 73-74 with FLAT TOP pistons...

no case machining needed, until you get to about 100mm pistons

you won't have to flycut the head until about 103mm pistons.

I'm NOT sure about what the 'euro' heads valve sizes were... but I think they were the same.
Mueller
see other thread going on right now smile.gif

basicly you need 2.0 rods, 2.0 crank, 2.0 heads and higher compression 94mm pistons (8.5:1 instead of I think 8.0:1)

"Euro" spec usually refers to slightly higher compression, that's about it.

Jake Raby
I have a near brand new set of 94mm (2.0) EURO SPEC pistons and cylinders. They were ran for 12 hours in a test engine on the dyno- never installed into a car.

I will take 250.00 for them, they are literally beand new and were only used for testing efficiency between my 96mm arrangement and the Euro specs in 94mm and the temperature differences.

Liks I said, first 250.00 takes them- thats a smoking deal!!!!!!

I also have a very good used crank and rod set from another R&D engne for 300.00- 2.0 rod cores normally go for 65.00 each alone.

That would be all you need to get the engine into a 2.0....

I have to get rid of some of this R&D stuff so you guys be watching EBAY soon- I can't sell it for retail.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 11 2005, 04:13 PM)

I have to get rid of some of this R&D stuff so you guys be watching EBAY soon- I can't sell it for retail.

Sweet! will you post a link when that happens?!
Mueller
Hey Jake,

if you happen to find my cheap asian made 94mm pistons and cylinders, can I get them back?? smile.gif
Jake Raby
Mike, I know right where they are...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.