Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contacted by widow, "Porsche" must go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TROJANMAN
we need a new rule for the forum:

no treads about buried treasures unless said treasures can be identified in a 24 hour period. WITH PICTURES.

flipa.gif
SpecialK
Tell her it followed you home......and then get Mer to post a bunch of puppy pics wub.gif
pete-stevers
mike yer killin me
Andyrew
I'd say you could store it over here... but.. you cant. lol

Im excited to hear what this is!

Remember... Dont look to excited... when she pulls off the cover.. look depressed.. like, "Oh, its one of Those. 911 turbo's (356 carerra, 550 spyder, 916, ext..) where undesirable because they had bad press from Natzi's driving them. But if you need to get rid of it, I'll certainly find someone that will make use of it."

hehehehe

Or even... Tehehhe

heck..

MUAHAHAHHAHAHA

Go mike, Go mike, Go mike
markb
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 13 2005, 12:35 PM)
we need a new rule for the forum:

no threads about buried treasures unless said treasures can be identified in a 24 hour period. WITH PICTURES.

flipa.gif

agree.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jul 13 2005, 02:16 PM)
I'd say you could store it over here... but.. you cant. lol

Im excited to hear what this is!

Remember... Dont look to excited... when she pulls off the cover.. look depressed.. like, "Oh, its one of Those. 911 turbo's (356 carerra, 550 spyder, 916, ext..) where undesirable because they had bad press from Natzi's driving them. But if you need to get rid of it, I'll certainly find someone that will make use of it."

hehehehe

Or even... Tehehhe

heck..

MUAHAHAHHAHAHA

Go mike, Go mike, Go mike

dont take advantage of old ladies..... unsure.gif
olav

I think it's "Gnatzi" laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
I can see the future with my crystal ball.........

I see a 356 convertible. Factory black. Needs a re-chrome though...

Missing a hubcap...

Come on!! We need an update.. Info. Data.
fadler15222
Sounds to me like the widow likes your looks? Be careful boy.......................the price could be more than you are prepared to pay. Sounds like the kind of scam that gets everyone fanticizing....................

Convertible or targa? Its not a Porsche, its a Pontiac Fiero.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (fadler15222 @ Jul 13 2005, 02:10 PM)
Convertible or targa? Its not a Porsche, its a Pontiac Fiero.

even if it is a 914, it's still not a porsche. w00t.gif
TJB/914
Come on Mueller, hurry up & tell us no later than tomorrow (Thurs.)
I am going to be out of town till next week & the suspense is killing me/us.

My guess, 914-6 with no rust????? Maybe a 914-6 GT?????

Tom
jr91472
this thread is draining my life force........ wacko.gif

pics....please...can't hold out.....
Mueller
damn...I'm going to have to "delete" this thread and have Andy bring back to life......

I'm going out of town and won't be back until the 25th....

I asked again a few hours ago and she won't let me over there until the garage is cleaned up "just a little" headbang.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 13 2005, 05:39 PM)
I asked again a few hours ago and she won't let me over there until the garage is cleaned up "just a little"  :headbang:

Mood lighting and incense wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 13 2005, 05:56 PM)
Mood lighting and incense

agree.gif i smell a trap!

biggrin.gif Andy
bondo
You'd best arrive prepared... A way out
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jul 13 2005, 02:09 PM)
I can see the future with my crystal ball.........

I see a 356 convertible. Factory black. Needs a re-chrome though...

Missing a hubcap...

Come on!! We need an update.. Info. Data.

Not only does the crystal ball reveal a 356 convert. but I also see milk and cookies. And I hear, "Your such a nice young lad".... Oh and the asking price is..... 100 bucks, unless you think she's asking too much...

What happened I just woke up?

What is the writing here?

Hmm, prophesy? laugh.gif
Dead Air
You guys crack me up!
LMAO biggrin.gif
You forgot to mention: 911 speedster
OOOps! lousy pic!
914forme
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 12 2005, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 12 2005, 11:54 AM)
What if its a 928 or a 944?  :huh:

no targa made in either model, so if it' a convert. good chances of it being a 944 if it was a waterpumper.....I have no interest in any of those models, so I'd politely give her a link to craigslist and say "good luck"

It's a 924.

who in thier right mind would "restore" a 924??? wacko.gif

Not true B&B made a couple 928 targas in the 80s

Now that I am thinking about it more like T-tops -

I can see a new sequel now!!!!

Smokey and the Bandit 4

Yeah haw, grab that B&B 928 Mike we gotta get #4 back to Florida, I need you to run distraction for me!!!!!

After all it will be Iron Oxide before we hit the Mississippi if I have to drive the speed limit.

914efi
924s are very cool, very pure design.
heavydriver
SOOOOOO.. What was it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
redshift
QUOTE (914forme @ Jul 14 2005, 10:26 AM)
Not true B&B made a couple 928 targas in the 80s

Now that I am thinking about it more like T-tops -

The B&B 928 was quite a piece of work.

It's a targa, with a central bar.

M
spare time toys
I just had a funny thought. What if it one of those R/C kits. A big 2CID nitro burning motor on the table in the corner and the car is on his hobby bench in the center of the garage. sad.gif
MikeP
The suspense is killing me.
markb
Any updates yet, Mike?
lotus_65
couldn't've been good, after all this time.
spare time toys
She also has a bunch of army Jeeps on an island brand new still pickled away for $100 lol2.gif
bondo
As long as we're bumping old threads... biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (bondo @ Oct 14 2005, 03:51 PM)
As long as we're bumping old threads... biggrin.gif

progress finally....garage is supposed to be getting cleaned out enough so that viewing will be easier...
horizontally-opposed
I would (might?) kill for a 928 B+B Targa. The damn thing had stereo equalizers (full graphic, no less!) lining the headliner beam that makes the car more like a T-top than a true targa, despite the single-panel roof.

Highly efficient, those overhead equalizers -- in addition to being tre-Euro 1980s -- so you could reach up and adjust 50 Mhz while bombing down the autobahn.

"Inside are the B+B 928 Targa are the accoutermonts of prime wealth," wrote Car and Driver. chairfall.gif

It was hideous, but somehow attractive in a cool 914 kind of way. That makes it amazingly fresh in my eyes, and perfect for PCA concours events.

pete
rick 918-S
I say get the boys, some brooms, shovels, extra boxes, and a dump trailer and show up ready to work! mueba.gif Clean the garage for the car! happy11.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jul 13 2005, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 13 2005, 05:56 PM)
Mood lighting and incense

agree.gif i smell a trap!

biggrin.gif Andy

Just rented "The Longest Yard" and it reminds me of what Adam had to do for the lady to get his game tapes... laugh.gif
mharrison
Maybe you should get the widow to have you added to the will.....she could leave you......whatever that car in the garage is!
db9146
Are you kidding me?! Four months and we still don't know what the "treasure" is? How big is the garage?

jonwatts
QUOTE (db9146 @ Oct 14 2005, 08:23 PM)
Are you kidding me?! Four months and we still don't know what the "treasure" is? How big is the garage?

Not too big.

user posted image
Brent
Hangar 1...took a hot air balloon ride inside it a few years back. Yep its that big!
jimtab
QUOTE (Brent @ Oct 14 2005, 10:40 PM)
Hangar 1...took a hot air balloon ride inside it a few years back. Yep its that big!

I toured that in the mid 60s....sucker has its own weather system....no shit.
redshift
It looks... very.. tall... but it's so wide... it's... huge.

M
Twystd1
I wonder if Mike has figured out that the old lady is my mom... idea.gif

This oughta be fun...

Twystd1
fiid
heh. Your Mom.

chairfall.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Oct 16 2005, 02:38 AM)
I wonder if Mike has figured out that the old lady is my mom... idea.gif

This oughta be fun...

Twystd1

you seem to be responsible, something her son is not according to my co-worker...in fact that supposed to be another part of the problem of getting to see the car...
TJB/914
Mr. Mueller,

For us interested 914er's. How about doing a driveby and take a picture of the garage?? That way we will know your not playing with our minds. The suspense is killing us. sad.gif

Tom
Leo Imperial
You are very patient. I would have broken in during the night just to check if the time spent with the widow was going to be worth it.
How many times have your slept with her and you still don't know whats in the garage?
I bet after a few more times with the milk and cookies you are going to make a break for the garage only to find out she meant to say PINTO. chair.gif
Richard Casto
"cleaning" of the garaged consists of throwing out all of the ultra rare and expensive Porsche parts her husband had been stashing away for years.

..Or..

Under all of the junk is a Fiat X1/9
bd1308
i'd be rolling in my grave man.....

my porsche parts are going with me.....
db9146
Mueller,

What's up with "the find"? Have you been a good boy this year? Is she making you wait until Christmas?

blink.gif

We want to know!!!!!!

Signed "Avid reader of the National Inquirer"

What do you mean they make up there stories?
Dr. Roger
i might try the old, "may i just drop by and stick my head in to take a quick look" line and see if she's OK with that....

or, "i've got a few friends who've offered to help you with your garage..... but they are only available this weekend".

inquiring minds want to know. biggrin.gif

this thread will get put in the "genuinely good deals" section of 914world.com... i hope. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
I'm sure the womans kids don't want to deal with the crap. I say get a crew lined up, call her, TELL her your coming over to help out if she can make Ice Tea.
Spoke
Maybe its a 908. No wait, no roof, couldn't be a targa.

Spoke
meares
what's the latest?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.