Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 2.0 Engine Tin Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
Looking to buy good to excellent 2.0 engine tin covers...

We pulled the motor to complete the underside refurbishment and discovered that the engine tin covers were hacked at some point. Before sending everything off to powder coating we are looking for replacements.

Btw. We have five old covers now and they all have been hacked in close to the same way... why? Our 75 never had A/C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you want to swap parts, we can consider that.

smile.gif just bought what appears to be an NOS dash in original box, sold by AA smile.gif.

Thanks!
bdstone914
@Jett

' post='2843522' date='Aug 17 2020, 01:54 PM']
Looking to buy good to excellent 2.0 engine tin covers...

We pulled the motor to complete the underside refurbishment and discovered that the engine tin covers were hacked at some point. Before sending everything off to powder coating we are looking for replacements.

Btw. We have five old covers now and they all have been hacked in close to the same way... why? Our 75 never had A/C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you want to swap parts, we can consider that.

smile.gif just bought what appears to be an NOS dash in original box, sold by AA smile.gif.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I havetwo restored left side tins that are powder coated. I have a right side that is sand blasted and needs welding or brazing around the coil mount.
bdstone914
The two powder coated lefts
Jett
Thanks Bruce for the offer. One of the members is going to try and restore the two sets I have, but will circle back if needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.