Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 Ign Cylinder lock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tz Toy
Thanks to some great pics here at 914 World, i was able to remove the ign cylinder lock out of my 76, however finding a replacement or place to repair it is proving problematic. My old one will turn as far as "run", but not to "start".
Suggestions?
ndfrigi
maybe you just need the ignition switch

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...gnition+switch#

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, the plastic cracks so one cannot reach the crank position any longer

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 25 2020, 09:02 AM) *

Bleyseng
I had this problem and it took me a year to figure it out. Installed new ignition switch and same problem,I couldn't get it to fire in the start position. Took it apart and using a screwdriver into the ignition switch it started every time! Finally I noticed the metal tang that comes off the key part was worn down. So I filed it flat and epoxied a new thin piece of metal on it and smoothed it all nice so it fit into the plastic ignition switch part. Starts everytime now.
Tz Toy
Sorry, slow to respond. Had to get garage freed up so I could bring 914 back in. It isn't the ign switch. Starts find with a screwdriver.

In the off position the tang hits the stop, but going towards start, the tang comes up short.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bdstone914
@Tz Toy
date='Aug 25 2020, 08:55 AM' post='2845807']
Thanks to some great pics here at 914 World, i was able to remove the ign cylinder lock out of my 76, however finding a replacement or place to repair it is proving problematic. My old one will turn as far as "run", but not to "start".
Suggestions?
[/quote]

I think I may have a spare 76 tumbler assembly. May have a key to it.
Or it could be keyed to your key.
Rekey cost $40. Lock assembly $50.
Bruce
dangrouche
QUOTE(Tz Toy @ Sep 1 2020, 11:56 AM) *

Sorry, slow to respond. Had to get garage freed up so I could bring 914 back in. It isn't the ign switch. Starts find with a screwdriver.

In the off position the tang hits the stop, but going towards start, the tang comes up short.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Contact "TheCabinetmaker" on this board; he's helpful and he does repairs; you should PM him.
bdstone914
@Tz Toy

Edit. I have an assembly

I think I may have a spare 76 tumbler assembly. May have a key to it.
Or it could be keyed to your key.
Rekey cost $40. Lock assembly $50.
Bruce
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.