Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift coupler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
So with my shift rod out and modified for my -6 (Thanks to Ben!) I was checking my coupler for play. I didn't notice any issues before removing the engine/trans, but since it's out I thought I would ensure it's good to go. I have only replaced the bushings once in my 911 and I cannot remember how tight the swivel was post installed. Mine seems very tight (that's what she said), but maybe that is a good thing. Should it be difficult to move by hand, maybe just needs some grease.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
assemble with lithium grease, The 914 shift coupler bushings have a perfectly round hole so no slop, the 911 bushings are slightly slotted for movement, as the engine being in the rear and torquing up would move the shifter in your hand if not for the built in factory slop

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 1 2020, 10:40 AM) *

So with my shift rod out and modified for my -6 (Thanks to Ben!) I was checking my coupler for play. I didn't notice any issues before removing the engine/trans, but since it's out I thought I would ensure it's good to go. I have only replaced the bushings once in my 911 and I cannot remember how tight the swivel was post installed. Mine seems very tight (that's what she said), but maybe that is a good thing. Should it be difficult to move by hand, maybe just needs some grease.

nditiz1
Thanks George sounds like everything is in spec. I'll apply some grease.
DRPHIL914
i have the bronze bushings and its super tight, but moves smoothly when shifting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.