Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB for early fog light spring clips $10.00 a set includes stainless screws
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
If you've lost one of these or it's corroded you know you can't put it back together without this part. There has been some interest in these in the past, but the tooling and cost to make them is a bit steep. I really need to sell 75 sets at $10 a set to get these rolling. I'll make some of the other parts a discounted option to help make an even better deal

Only with the spring clips
Add glass in for $20 each clear and $25 amber
Seals a set of 2 at $10 a set

You can take or leave any of the above, but only available if you do the GB
bdstone914
@Mikey914

This is the clip that holds the lens ring to the rear half correct?
If so I can use at least five sets

Bruce
bob164
I will take 3 sets.
bdstone914
Note that two of these clips have a square hole. Never figured its purpose. Also note how one is thicker.
bdstone914
Note that two of these clips have a square hole. Never figured its purpose. Also note how one is thicker.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 4 2020, 05:09 AM) *

@Mikey914

This is the clip that holds the lens ring to the rear half correct?
If so I can use at least five sets

Bruce

Yes it is
76-914
You might want to consider supplying the small machine screw as well. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Life is funny! I spent about 30 mins fabricating one of those last night for a customer's car. $10 for a pair is a deal!! first.gif
mepstein
Yes please
porbmw
Hi Mark
I'll take 2 sets
Thx
Paul
jim_hoyland
One set of the clips, and one set of seals; do I need to order from the 924 Rubber site ?
Mikey914
Not yet, Trying to drum up enough interest to do these. I think there will be but I need to spread the tooling cost over quite a few pieces to make this work.
If you sign up here I'll let you know when they are ready.
bdstone914
@Mikey914
' date='Sep 8 2020, 07:04 PM' post='2849621']
Not yet, Trying to drum up enough interest to do these. I think there will be but I need to spread the tooling cost over quite a few pieces to make this work.
If you sign up here I'll let you know when they are ready.
[/quote]

I will take ten sets if that helps. And some lenses and rubber seals. Can I get some seals now to get started on assembling the lights ?

Bruce
bdstone914
@76-914
@mikey914
date='Sep 5 2020, 08:55 AM' post='2848701']
You might want to consider supplying the small machine screw as well. beerchug.gif
[/quote]

Better to do a complete rebuild kit with 4mm screw, lock washer, kit lens gaskets, bottom clip, internal clips, rear grommet, new wires. A complete rebuild kit. I have to replace all those parts when I restore sets.
76-914
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Sep 15 2020, 10:31 AM' post='2851552']
@76-914
@mikey914
[/quote]

Better to do a complete rebuild kit with 4mm screw, lock washer, kit lens gaskets, bottom clip, internal clips, rear grommet, new wires. A complete rebuild kit. I have to replace all those parts when I restore sets.
[/quote]
Makes sense. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
[quote name='76-914' date='Sep 15 2020, 01:42 PM' post='2851594']
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Sep 15 2020, 10:31 AM' post='2851552']
@76-914
@mikey914
[/quote]

[/quote]
Makes sense. beerchug.gif
[/quote]
Planned to I even make the spring clips and can add options for new glass. SO yes complete kits will be available, but you can just buy the springs if you want. biggrin.gif
maf914
I am in for the spring clips. I have a pair of fog lights in need of a rebuild. Thanks, Mark.
Rusty
I'm in on a set.
mb911
Yes
71914-4
A complete set please.
Mikey914
In progress will have next week. These were not easy and will go up once the GB is done. But we did in stainless.
zoomCat
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 28 2020, 04:44 PM) *

In progress will have next week. These were not easy and will go up once the GB is done. But we did in stainless.

I’m in for a set, if still possible.
MM1
Full set for me too please.
Carl456
1 set spring clips and screws please
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 28 2020, 01:44 PM) *

Indicated my intention for the group buy weeks ago. Thanks so much.
Will send PM to indicate quantity wanted for springs and screws.
djway
In
mb911
Very cool. Would like a set
second wind
Can't say no....will buy with e brake springs and other items. How about making some chrome sail trims so all of our cars can really look nice ? Thank you and will stay in touch.
gg
bdstone914
I can use four sets with lenses and gaskets
mepstein
I could use two sets.
frostyf

Yes please Mark, I'm in for a set!
56kabrio
I’m in for a couple of sets.

Thanks Mark

Mack
mlmgm
Two sets please
bdstone914
@mikey914

Are these now available ?
Mikey914
These are almost done. We are also finishing up the rear spring hold down clamps that have hardware that we wanted to offer up together more a amtter of getting listed up on the site at this point.
frostyf
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 16 2020, 07:36 PM) *

These are almost done. We are also finishing up the rear spring hold down clamps that have hardware that we wanted to offer up together more a amtter of getting listed up on the site at this point.

@914Mikey
Mark, did these clips make it to sale? Couldn't see them on the website?

Thanks Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.