Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Additional gauges in car...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
So my 21 year old son just turned always jumps in my car with this 12'" x 4" tube thing and the sound out of it is incredible.....really loud and basey and just incredible. So this week I see a picture on this board of a car with three gauges in the spot where the radio goes. I love originality but but three more information sources I like more...plus the sound is an improvement over stock radio. Please share your thought on what three gauges you would add if you could? I like oil pressure, oil temperature, and ?? I already have a cylinder head temp gauge under the lower dash...maybe another one on the other bank of cylinders? What else is really doable? I love my cylinder head temperature gauge and would love to have four of them. Please let me know your thoughts? Knowledge is power and when your engine blows up it really hurts and if a gauge can alert me to that before it happens I want one. I can always save the stock radio for later ....thank you very much!
gg
rgalla9146
Until I get a credible GT fuel gauge and can add a 911 combo gauge this is my
temporary set up. Oil press, oil temp and volts below.
Tdskip
Some nice work and good ideas here;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=325615

thelogo
I would do oil pressure /temp
And wait for it barf.gif drunk.gif

Either ambient outside temp av-943.gif
Or air fuel ratio .
But lets be honest all that instrumentation is kinda frivolous.

My mechanic says just the idiot light on a stock motor is all u need . the other stuff is just for looks. His words not mine. Over 35 years air cooled experience . so i got to trust him

And i would install a accusump if your worried about oil pressure. Way more effective then just a guague

Iirc. Raby use's em (accusump) on all engines exclusively ?
Olympic 914
Click to view attachment

oil temp, Wide band AFR, Cylinder head temp.

If you want to worry too much add Oil pressure.

and if that isn't enough add Vacuum gauge to watch with the AFR gauge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.