Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric AC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Steve
QUOTE(914Toy @ Sep 21 2020, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Sep 21 2020, 09:20 AM) *

What kind of a controller are you using to control the speed of the electric AC compressor?

The compressor has three rpm speeds one can select by connecting one of three wires (orange, green, and white, need to check colors:wacko:) to the evaporator signal wire. Or a three way switch is available to select speeds "on the run". I did not want one more controller, so tried the slowest wire connection and then settled on the second one after considering amp draw by the compressor and generation from the alternator. Not optimum or sophisticated but adequate for my purposes.

We used the 12v evaporator wire to power a relay that would connect the black wire to one of the colored wires on the compressor, to select the desired speed.
Otherwise, i plan on using a relay to power the compressor from the evaporator and using a SPDT toggle switch to manually select the Low and Medium speed from the cockpit.
See below screenshot of my notes
Click to view attachment
Steve
Duplicate ....
Steve
Three years ago, I bought the same under dash evaporator as Keith. At the time I also bought a deposit box from Morph. I relocated the drain and was able to mount it on its side in the deposit box. I’m hoping to get my electric AC working for the WCR trip. I will then report back on my installation.
Click to view attachment
euro911
Wow, that's pretty cool (no pun intended) rolleyes.gif

I have one of Pete Newman's 160 amp alternators earmarked for 'HOWARD'. If the white exterior and tan interior doesn't keep the cockpit comfortable enough, I might ponder this idea.gif
Steve
New Mini cooler with built in vents!! Same dimensions as the unit Keith and I are using.
https://www.southernrods.com/a-c-and-heat-c...-unit-only.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.