Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interest in 5 lug cheap wheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I am looking at possibly have 7,8,9x15 wheels made for an inexpensive option to what is out there. The manufacturer makes wheels for all the major racing circuits that use steel wheels. Thinking of a powdercoat old school silver with no red stripe. Target would be less then $400 for a set of 4. Would there be interest in them? Yea I would do a group buy to get it rolling.

What does everyone think?Click to view attachment
MM1
4 and 5 lug?

Same 6-slot "flat D" design?

15",16", 17", ?
VaccaRabite
That's pretty awesome!

Any idea of weight and ET? I have a set of cookies when I finally go 5 Lug, but I like the look of these in black. Pending a little more information I'd be tentatively interested.

Rod had a set similar (4 bolt though) on his black car, and they look badassed.

Zach
mb911
I would have them made in 5 lug only at 1st and run the standard 911 offset which I believe to be 23mm.. This is all thinking outloud at the moment but it 100% doable for that price point.. Thinking the D hole would be the standard.

PanelBilly
I’m interested.
Gary
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 9 2020, 11:49 AM) *

I would have them made in 5 lug only at 1st and run the standard 911 offset which I believe to be 23mm.. This is all thinking outloud at the moment but it 100% doable for that price point.. Thinking the D hole would be the standard.

Ben,

23mm is the offset of the 911 7 inch wheels; 6's are 36mm; 8's are 10.6mm (951 P/N are 23mm).

Nice chart here: Wheel offsets from Pelican.
andrewck
Good idea and interested. Is there really that much more interest in having a 9" vs. a 6, 7, 8?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Sep 9 2020, 11:27 AM) *

Any idea of weight and ET? I have a set of cookies when I finally go 5 Lug, but I like the look of these in black. Pending a little more information I'd be tentatively interested.

I'm guessing around or over 20 lbs, my EMPI Sprint stars 6" steel wheels were/are much heavier than 4 bolt fuchs. I could weigh one of each if you like.
mb911
Weight is about 16lbs each.

Gary yes I would have them built to the ET listed you referenced
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 10 2020, 03:14 PM) *

Weight is about 16lbs each.

Gary yes I would have them built to the ET listed you referenced

idea.gif 16 Lbs is not bad.

popcorn[1].gif

Oscar
RickS
They would good painted flat gold.
Andyrew
Make em 17's and 9 and 10" wide with proper offset... Like zero options out there for that less than $4k....

There are a ton of 15" wheel options out there, No real tire options..

Same goes for 16"

Its one of the big reasons why guys that race run 17"+ Because its that, or your stuck with hoosiers.

I know you guys hate big wheels, but 16" tire options have dried up, as have 15" for street/sticky rubber without it being the miata size.
808 WRX
Would a 15x7" wheel with a 23 mm offset fit on a narrow body car without rolling the fenders? And how wide of a tire could I get away with?
914 Ranch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.