Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Chasing an intermittent hesitation/cutting out issue; it’s not constant (which is an obvious drawback); I took the car out this morning for a good 50 mile ride. The nonsense started a couple miles from home, but I kept going as it seems to subside after a while. Took almost half the trip before it stopped being a problem, after that it ran like a bull.

I’m thinking the 40+ year old fuel pump may be telling me it’s getting tired, so I’d like to replace it with a new one. So I’m looking to find out what seems to be a solid replacement, Bosch, Airtex, or whatever.

Any input greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Joe
BeatNavy
Hey Joe!

I converted to the Bosch 2 port a couple of years ago (IIRC, part number is 69133). No issues whatsoever, and the fuel hose routing is a bit simpler as you don't need the return line.

Good luck beerchug.gif
rmital
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Sep 13 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Hey Joe!

I converted to the Bosch 2 port a couple of years ago (IIRC, part number is 69133). No issues whatsoever, and the fuel hose routing is a bit simpler as you don't need the return line.

Good luck beerchug.gif

agree.gif but you already knew that.... beerchug.gif
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 13 2020, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Sep 13 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Hey Joe!

Good luck beerchug.gif

agree.gif but you already knew that.... beerchug.gif

and....be sure to invest in Chris Foley's fuel pump mount. this fabricated piece of art is perfect for the job.
Click to view attachment
mlindner
Or fabricate your own support. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Airtex E-8445 or equivalent. Same pressure and volume as the stock pumps. Available at your FLAPS.

I have run one for years with no issues.

Clay
Frankvw
I used the Bosch 69133
You can see it in my topic 'from 3 to 2 port pump'
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345333
Good luck with the conversion !
Porschef
Thanks for the replies, the pump is in the front.

I’ll look at the Airtex, thanks
Olympic 914
Used the Bosch 044. inline. Comes with a check valve but I didn't use it.

Supposed to be good to 70+ lbs pressure.

Only downside is its noisy. Can't here it much over the engine. But you can definitely hear it power on when you turn the key.

Olympic 914
If you need a mount, I have this one you can have for shipping.

Click to view attachment

Porschef
Thanks Tom, that’s very generous, however I’m probably gonna go with a direct replacement; hopefully they’re the same size. beerchug.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 13 2020, 08:20 PM) *

Airtex E-8445 or equivalent. Same pressure and volume as the stock pumps. Available at your FLAPS.

I have run one for years with no issues.

Clay

agree.gif
Highland
Does anyone know from experience if the Airtex is quiter than the Bosch.
rmital
QUOTE(Highland @ Sep 15 2020, 12:34 AM) *

Does anyone know from experience if the Airtex is quiter than the Bosch.

I just installed the Bosch....I hear nothing; except when turning the key, then the usual buzz
ClayPerrine
The Airtex pump is only noisy if it gets against something. Using the mounts that come with it, it is almost silent.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.