Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Hey everybody, just put a set of 2.0 Fuchs on my car, looking for some suggestions on cleaning up the wheels, a bit dull and seem to be suffering from some oxidation.
I know 5 spoke Fuchs are anodized, honestly not sure about baby Fuchs.
mepstein
2.0 Fuchs are also anodized. I clean with dawn dish detergent, a soft brush and then use Vaseline - as recommended by Porsche.
rgolia
they are anodized and a pain to clean. I had mine redone as it became impossible to clean them
914_7T3
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 17 2020, 11:41 AM) *

2.0 Fuchs are also anodized. I clean with dawn dish detergent, a soft brush and then use Vaseline - as recommended by Porsche.

@mepstein

Tell me more about Vaseline for the wheels only....so as to eliminate the need for all sorts of comments not applicable to this application. laugh.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 17 2020, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 17 2020, 11:41 AM) *

@mepstein

Tell me more about Vaseline for the wheels only....so as to eliminate the need for all sorts of comments not applicable to this application. laugh.gif

I don’t know where it’s listed but it’s known to be recommended by Porsche. Try it. It sure can’t hurt anything. Also works well on the rubber bumper tops. Apply heavy, let warm in sun and buff off excess.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 17 2020, 02:41 PM) *

. . . use Vaseline - as recommended by Porsche.

av-943.gif cue the scene from Deliverance
Superhawk996
@freezin 914

Didn't catch that you were OP. Good to see you back on-line and posting. That car looks even better out in the sun!
Mark Henry
I wax my polished Fuchs every spring. The big cleaning tip is to get the brake dust off ASAP, the stuff is acidic (or like acid) as heck. I wipe the brake dust off at least once a week.
Biggles
FWIW I use ACF50 spray used in the aircraft and bike sector. Dont know if you get it in the US. Been applying a thin coat of this for a couple of years and does a great job.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Biggles @ Sep 18 2020, 05:20 AM) *

FWIW I use ACF50 spray used in the aircraft and bike sector. Dont know if you get it in the US. Been applying a thin coat of this for a couple of years and does a great job.

@Biggles

This stuff?

Click to view attachment

"ACF-50 actively penetrates and "creeps" into the tightest seams, lap joints, micro cracks, and around rivet heads, displacing moisture and other corrosive fluids in these corrosive prone areas."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30paBTt8Oko
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 17 2020, 05:34 PM) *

@freezin 914

Didn't catch that you were OP. Good to see you back on-line and posting. That car looks even better out in the sun!

Thank you sir, the pictures look better than it is in person, this one is new to me. Bought it in July. beerchug.gif
Biggles
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 18 2020, 09:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Biggles @ Sep 18 2020, 05:20 AM) *

@Biggles

This stuff?

Click to view attachment

"ACF-50 actively penetrates and "creeps" into the tightest seams, lap joints, micro cracks, and around rivet heads, displacing moisture and other corrosive fluids in these corrosive prone areas."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30paBTt8Oko

Yes that's the stuff. You dont need a lot. A thin mist coat wiped with a rag. Muck will stick to it a bit but it would probably do that with vaseline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.