Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacement fuel injector connectors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AndrewBlyholder
One of the spade connectors for the distributor trigger points plug broke off yesterday on my D-jet 2.0. This is on a F.I. harness I rebuilt myself several decades ago. At that time, I got exact replacements for the factory spade connectors from a place in LA. They don't seem to exist any more. Anyone know a part number from Digi-key for these?

Browsing the Digi-Key website, I've found 12 possible matches, all more or less the same. Minor differences in stated wire gauge range. Some are phosphor bronze, some are brass. Some for .20" tab thickness, some for .32" tab thickness.

Recommendations?

Thanks,

Andrew Blyholder
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ Sep 22 2020, 11:34 AM) *

One of the spade connectors for the distributor trigger points plug broke off yesterday on my D-jet 2.0. This is on a F.I. harness I rebuilt myself several decades ago. At that time, I got exact replacements for the factory spade connectors from a place in LA. They don't seem to exist any more. Anyone know a part number from Digi-key for these?

Browsing the Digi-Key website, I've found 12 possible matches, all more or less the same. Minor differences in stated wire gauge range. Some are phosphor bronze, some are brass. Some for .20" tab thickness, some for .32" tab thickness.

Recommendations?

Thanks,

Andrew Blyholder

I've seen them on eBay, with boots
JamesM
https://reproparts.wazala.com/
Mikey914
We are about to do a group buy on these. We have been making the complete harnesses but thought there might be a few of you that need these
JeffBowlsby
Some FI harness parts are also available at NAPA.
913B
Since the title of your post says you are looking for the fuel injector connectors.

Part number 63241-3 @ 15 cents each from Digi-Key was a perfect match.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=347991&hl=
AndrewBlyholder
Ahhh! I didn't know about Retro Parts. Perfect!!

Not a fan of the replacement boots. They look so clunky compared to the originals, but I guess they're the only option for us at this point.

Thanks.
JamesM
QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ Sep 23 2020, 10:03 AM) *

Ahhh! I didn't know about Retro Parts. Perfect!!

Not a fan of the replacement boots. They look so clunky compared to the originals, but I guess they're the only option for us at this point.

Thanks.

Maybe someone had previously swapped the boots on your harness? The ones I have look exactly like what i have on multiple harnesses except where the original harness the boots were 2 different colors for the injector banks.
IronHillRestorations
Here's a kit for the injectors. Doesn't help for the distributor connection.

Injector connector and boot

Click to view attachment
windforfun
Spade lug connectors are a dime a dozen. Buy some different sizes. Crimp the connection first & then solder it. 1" or so of shrink tubing is always a good idea. Don't cut any wire strands while stripping the insulation. This is how MB does their spade lugs.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 23 2020, 03:44 PM) *

Here's a kit for the injectors. Doesn't help for the distributor connection.

Unfortunaley that kit is only for the 1.8L L-Jet cars, Perry. No worky for D-Jet cars.

Andrew has a 74 2.0L D-jet.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup plenty on the shelf

QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ Sep 22 2020, 11:34 AM) *

Recommendations?

Thanks,

Andrew Blyholder

Mikey914
I offered up a new kit of all connectors with the plastic holders and boots, we are making simply for PM'ing me your address. No response. confused24.gif
Robson51
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 22 2020, 04:05 PM) *

We are about to do a group buy on these. We have been making the complete harnesses but thought there might be a few of you that need these

Are you still making the complete wiring harness for D-Jet 2.0?
Mikey914
Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.