Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake lever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
Where can I find the plastic bushing and the pin that holds the cable on for this handle?
My pin was badly rusted and is no longer usable. I will also need the c clip or other to hold the pin in place.

Cheers,
John
Click to view attachment
Frankvw
for the bushing, just google on part 914 424 247 00
several vendors will pop up.
Good you got it out, must have been a struggle to get it out....
solex
I just restored my parking brake, you can flip the bushing, mine had uneven wear on one side once flipped there is much less play. I could not get the cable pin out and has to cut / drill mine. I replaced it with a drilled pin and clevis similar to:

IPB Image
bbrock
The bushing is still available through Porsche and is cheap. I think the pin is too but can't remember for sure.
bdstone914
@Morph914
' date='Sep 22 2020, 12:15 PM' post='2853404']
Where can I find the plastic bushing and the pin that holds the cable on for this handle?
My pin was badly rusted and is no longer usable. I will also need the c clip or other to hold the pin in place.

Cheers,
John
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

Use a clutch clevis pin. Works great.
I use a bronze bushing in place of the plastic one. I get them from Mcmaster-Carr.com
Morph914
Thanks for the info, I went on the local Porsche dealer site but they were asking for part #s. Thank you Frankvw for the bushing #, anyone know the pin #? If not I will check Ace or Tractor supply for a clevis pin.

Cheers,
John
bkrantz
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Sep 22 2020, 07:51 PM) *

Thanks for the info, I went on the local Porsche dealer site but they were asking for part #s. Thank you Frankvw for the bushing #, anyone know the pin #? If not I will check Ace or Tractor supply for a clevis pin.

Cheers,
John

Every 914 part and number you will ever need.
https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf
914e
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Sep 22 2020, 06:51 PM) *

Cheers,
John

The original part 91442457101 is NLA
The replacement is 99916601002
The clip should be N0126452
bdstone914
@Morph914
' date='Sep 22 2020, 06:51 PM' post='2853521']

Cheers,
John
[/quote]

If the dealer wants a part number tell them to look up the clutch clevis pin for a 914 or 911 from 1965-1989.

If you go with non standard parts you need to get the right length pin. If it is loo long it can rub on the e brake mount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.