Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Tunnel Brake Line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
I just received the hard brake line kit from AA. It comes with the Center Tunnel line. I am thinking of replacing that also. Has anyone else done this? How is the best way without cutting into the metal.

Thank you
FL000
Getting ready to do this myself and wondering what is involved? I nicked my line with a drill, and although it is not leaking I want to swap it out for peace of mind. Have my replacement line already, and engine is removed from vehicle.

Assuming you can just pull it out directly from the rear firewall? My plan is to depress the pedal a bit to prevent the reservoir from draining, relieve pressure from a rear caliper, then take the line off, replace, bleed brakes. Howie or others can you confirm this is all it takes?

Thanks,
Josh
9146C
Not a difficult job. The center tunnel brake line is actually two parts...with a connector under the rear tunnel inspection port.

I was able to replace mine without any help...it was advisable to have someone in the car to "snake" the line toward the passenger side of the tunnel...was no issue for me.

At the time, I had my front suspension and steering rack removed when I fed the new line in from the front...not sure how big a difference that was.

The smaller rear brake line was a little trickier based on the bends in the line.

Overall. about a 2 hour job.
bkrantz
^^ I agree, not a hard job. (Easy for me to say, since I had no engine or front suspension and steering on the tub when I did it.). But you should be able to sneak the longer piece in from the front or rear, and then mate it with the rear piece at the open hatch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.