Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auxiliary Air valve wiring tricks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robson51
I’ve read the posts about opening up the Auxiliary Air unit, and I have one that I’ve opened for a 2.0 D-Jet.

My problem is the wIre. Mine is broken off, way up inside the casting.

Is there a way to reattach it? Any tips on what to do or not do?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Robson51 @ Oct 11 2020, 12:20 AM) *

I’ve read the posts about opening up the Auxiliary Air unit, and I have one that I’ve opened for a 2.0 D-Jet.

I had an AAR with intermittent short and tried to peel back the portion of the steel ferrule that covers the wire when it exits the main body. I did this using a lathe and I still failed to get an acceptable fix that I would trust.

I eventually disassembled the whole thing just to see what was inside. Not very promising to fix if it broke off up inside that ferrule.

Click to view attachment

Mabye someone else has good advice for us. AA has "rebuilt" units but pricey at $285+200 for core.

Here was someone that succeeded.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=70865&hl=
Robson51
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 11 2020, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Robson51 @ Oct 11 2020, 12:20 AM) *

I had an AAR with intermittent short and tried to peel back the portion of the steel ferrule that covers the wire when it exits the main body. I did this using a lathe and I still failed to get an acceptable fix that I would trust.

I eventually disassembled the whole thing just to see what was inside. Not very promising to fix if it broke off up inside that ferrule.

Click to view attachment

Mabye someone else has good advice for us. AA has "rebuilt" units but pricey at $285+200 for core.

Here was someone that succeeded.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=70865&hl=

Thanks for the link. I was hesitant to drill out the rivets without knowing what I was getting into.

On another note, does anyone else find the Search function lacking? I don’t have much luck finding what I’m looking for.
Superhawk996
Use google

Site: 914world.com and then whatever you want to search
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.