Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Brand Oil Cooler Seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TX914
Anyone have experience with the Reinz oil cooler seals? Are they as good as OEM? The Porsche part is staggeringly more expensive; i.e. $.50 vs. $10.50
Given the oil cooler seals seem to start leaking pretty quickly, extra money might be worth it if OEM is better.
Mark Henry
For a four or six?
VR seals are fine.
I use a dow corning O-ring lube, but I used to install them dry.

Are you in a rush and is it for a T4?
If not rush (post takes 2 weeks or so) and a T4 PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.
TX914
Mark, thanks for the note. It’s a four (2L). Thanks for the offer but I have some other small bits to order so I’ll just add those and should be here in a couple of days. I’m dropping the engine tommorrow.
Cheers,
Alan
Big Len
Changed mine last year to Reinz. All good.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 12 2020, 04:57 PM) *

For a four or six?
VR seals are fine.
I use a dow corning O-ring lube, but I used to install them dry.

Are you in a rush and is it for a T4?
If not rush (post takes 2 weeks or so) and a T4 PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

Hey Mark, can we set up a phone conversation with my Belgian mechanic and you, we are going to install the SDS fuel injection system. You may have some things we need and we can make a deal for the Ljet you installed a while back. Plus you may have other things I may need, I think I need a later top as my windows do not seal well, etc.

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.