Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Sail Trim Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MFejsa
Hi, can anyone explain how to install rear sail trims? Having trouble with the roll bar clip lining up with the hole on the car. thanks
DRPHIL914
do you mean the horizontal piece or the side vertical piece?
for the side vertical piece it helps to have the bottom clip that is bolted down from underside , loosen that bolt by accessing the wheel well, helps to take the wheel off, as you slide it on the clip be careful not to scratch paint. as you get it forward enough as you get the top in line and slid over the end of the horizontal piece that should already be in place , the hole should line up but it may help to use a wire to find the hole and line it up before then getting the screw installed.

good luck, post some pictures too!
DRPHIL914
forgot to add—
welcome.png
Robarabian
Sorry. I thought meant vinyl. DRPHIL914 describes it.
MFejsa
Appreciate the advice. Its the vertical piece. The difficult is lining up the trim with the fixed piece that is bolts to the car. The piece seems to be smaller than the trim and moves around quite a bit. Might need to mask up the paint so i dont damage the paint. Will send through some pics as well before and after. Thanks again
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(MFejsa @ Oct 21 2020, 02:31 AM) *

Appreciate the advice. Its the vertical piece. The difficult is lining up the trim with the fixed piece that is bolts to the car. The piece seems to be smaller than the trim and moves around quite a bit. Might need to mask up the paint so i dont damage the paint. Will send through some pics as well before and after. Thanks again

for sure it can scratch under that trim so tape it up , and disconnect that piece from underside so that its loose and you can get the trim slid over it easier, and it will be tighter as it slides back further on, then as you get the top and bottom lined up , you can pull it down tight by putting the nut and washer on the underside in the fender well, pulling it down tight to the body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.