Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 for Auction on 10/23 in PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sfrenck
914 Auction

Passenger long looked like it had some welding done to it. Front suspension may be toast as it looked like the passenger front wheel was sitting at an odd angle.
dt4
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 20 2020, 05:48 PM) *

914 Auction

Passenger long looked like it had some welding done to it. Front suspension may be toast as it looked like the passenger front wheel was sitting at an odd angle.

That is a horrible looking thing, each to their own I guess but I dont like that at all
dlindzey
QUOTE(dt4 @ Oct 20 2020, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 20 2020, 05:48 PM) *

914 Auction

That is a horrible looking thing, each to their own I guess but I dont like that at all

i think Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies owned this car.
sfrenck
Agree it looks bad, but it is a 2.0L and has 5 lug wheels. All about the winning price I suppose (I'm not bidding)
DRPHIL914
call me crazy , but i dont think it looks that bad, i kind of like it. If you are not trying to look at it thru the lens of a completely stock 914. I am not a big fan of cutting off the front and doing the slant nose thing like a 911 slant nose but, it actually looks like they did a pretty good job from a distance anyway, so for $2-3K i would buy it, probably clean up the inside and motor and auto cross it . it would have been better if they did the speedster humps like a spyder but this seems more appropriate for a 914, and the top looks like its just set there for some weather protection under the cover, but i doubt you are driving around with it on there like that so imagine how it might look with that off of it, so yea, i would buy it if i were closer and the price were right - but first, lets see the floors and longs.........
zprovo
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 21 2020, 09:40 AM) *

call me crazy , but i dont think it looks that bad, i kind of like it. If you are not trying to look at it thru the lens of a completely stock 914. I am not a big fan of cutting off the front and doing the slant nose thing like a 911 slant nose but, it actually looks like they did a pretty good job from a distance anyway, so for $2-3K i would buy it, probably clean up the inside and motor and auto cross it . it would have been better if they did the speedster humps like a spyder but this seems more appropriate for a 914, and the top looks like its just set there for some weather protection under the cover, but i doubt you are driving around with it on there like that so imagine how it might look with that off of it, so yea, i would buy it if i were closer and the price were right - but first, lets see the floors and longs.........

I agree! If you take 914 out of the equation, it's a very good looking, well proportioned car. IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.