Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Filter Intermediate Flange
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TX914
What is the torque spec for the oil filter intermediate flange nuts? The factory Workshop Manual doesn't specify. Bolts appear to be M8 so I'm guessing 14.5 ft/lb.

Also, what is the torque spec for the oil pressure switch (tapered threads)? Again the workshop manual doesn't specify.

I'm using 6 ft/lb for the oil cooler nuts. Bentley Type 4 says 5 ft/lb, but there is still a question as to whether there should be a washer between case and cooler. On removal mine had 2 flat washers beneath the nut but none between case and cooler. I could not find a definitive answer any previous threads.

Thanks,
Alan B
Mark Henry
QUOTE(TX914 @ Oct 24 2020, 08:34 AM) *

What is the torque spec for the oil filter intermediate flange nuts? The factory Workshop Manual doesn't specify. Bolts appear to be M8 so I'm guessing 14.5 ft/lb.

Also, what is the torque spec for the oil pressure switch (tapered threads)? Again the workshop manual doesn't specify.

I'm using 6 ft/lb for the oil cooler nuts. Bentley Type 4 says 5 ft/lb, but there is still a question as to whether there should be a washer between case and cooler. On removal mine had 2 flat washers beneath the nut but none between case and cooler. I could not find a definitive answer any previous threads.

Thanks,
Alan B

M6 7.5 ft/lbs in aluminum, up to 10 lbs in steel. I use an inch pound torque wrench.
M8 up to 17 lbs

No washer between the cooler, but does use a thicker washer under the nuts.
TX914
Thanks Mark. Would like to have seen the manual specify these since they’re often the source of oil leaks. Don’t want to be back in there anytime soon. Definite on the inch/lb torque wrench.

Cheers,
Alan B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.