Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HSR West race at Willow Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
slivel
I've been laid up for weeks with back and leg pain- still undiagnosed so I've been looking at some of my race videos to take my mind off the pain. I found this one from 2012 and thought that some might enjoy seeing a 914 kick some butt against some really cool vintage cars, Corvettes, Cobra Sunbeam Tiger, 911's, 914's, 240z's and more. I had some problem that I don't recall and missed qualifying so I started DFL. It is fun to move up through the field.

Backstory: I've retired from racing after 23 years. Many great memories but the logistics were getting to be too much and I wanted to leave before the young guys would refer to me as "that guy". Nobody wants to be "that guy". Now I converted the race car into a street hotrod so I can still enjoy some canyon carving or cars and coffee events.

Sadly the camera cut out 2 or 3 laps from the finish. But I took the checkered flag on this one. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCDuNX6KKg...eature=youtu.be

driving.gif
infraredcalvin
Nice driving, clocking mid 1:30s. Mind sharing your setup back then? Weight, engine, tires?
slivel
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 5 2020, 02:37 PM) *

Nice driving, clocking mid 1:30s. Mind sharing your setup back then? Weight, engine, tires?

Here is way more information than you asked for. The keys to the kingdom. Hoosier DOT race compound, never ran the autocross version which is softer.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
slivel
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 5 2020, 02:37 PM) *

In traffic probably Mid 130's. Clear track 32's and 33's. If everything was working well 31's. My personal best at Willow in that car was 30 and change - and that was with a 3 liter. Never achieved that pace with the 3.4. Probably because I was getting older and leaving a little margin on the table.
infraredcalvin
Nice, and thanks! Trying to get data points as I don’t have much competition in my class with POC. I’ve got much less car though... it’s a narrow body with a tired 2.2 4cyl. I’d be lucky if I had 120 hp at the wheels...
mlindner
Wow that was fun Steve. Picking them off one by one, just a lot of fun. Could watch that all day long. Hope your feeling better. Safe holiday. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.