Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air vent delete between wipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
I removed my fresh air blower 12 months ago when I had to take the gas tank out, so all the vent between the wipers does right now is let water in when it rains.

I'm toying with the idea of deleting it, has anyone done this?

It shouldn't be too hard to trim out and weld in a patch.

The only real downside I can think of is if some future owner wants to put the blower back in - but my car's so far from stock now I can't imagine why they'd bother.
Montreal914
I saw a video from Renegade Hybrids where the owner was proud to show how the vent had been removed in one of his build for a customer.

To each his own, but isn't it good to have some fresh air in your car...? confused24.gif
Maltese Falcon
Cut a small rectangular 18 ga. sheet metal plate, weld into place; then have your body guy blend in into shape on the cowl. This custom build will be getting a center mono-wiper, yours can remain as-is with 2.
Click to view attachment

Maltese Falcon
Set into place
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Basic layout
Click to view attachment
djway
I know it has been done many times
Click to view attachment
This car belongs to BigKat_83
barefoot
When I got mine, some PO had removed all the fresh air stuff an installed an SS plate underneath the opening.
I replaced all the fresh air components, so have this nice SS heavy gauge plate to offer you free for the postage. smile.gif smile.gif

PS: also have wide SS plate across dash that blanks off the heater control opening

Barefoot
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(barefoot @ Nov 9 2020, 05:23 AM) *

When I got mine, some PO had removed all the fresh air stuff an installed an SS plate underneath the opening.
I replaced all the fresh air components, so have this nice SS heavy gauge plate to offer you free for the postage. smile.gif smile.gif

PS: also have wide SS plate across dash that blanks off the heater control opening

Barefoot

You just have to love 914world; decent advice + occassional free stuff aktion035.gif
john77
@montreal914 I rarely put the roof on so a supply of fresh air in the cabin isn't really a problem biggrin.gif
john77
@barefoot that's a really kind offer, thanks. I'll probably go the steel welded in route though - I'm stripping the car to bare metal soon anyway so why not make even more work for myself...

QUOTE(barefoot @ Nov 9 2020, 05:23 AM) *

Barefoot

VegasRacer
Like this? sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
john77
Damn you... now I want a monowiper too!!! biggrin.gif

That is awesome.

I have the tools to do this myself - I'm flaring my car right now and then taking it back to bare metal for a respray, so I'll probably just add this to my to-do list.

Now you've seriously got me thinking about a monowiper too though, I'd love to hear more about it. What assembly/motor will you be using?

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Nov 8 2020, 06:57 PM) *
john77
That looks great.

Okay, I'm definitely doing this.

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 9 2020, 12:15 PM) *

ndfrigi
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 9 2020, 12:15 PM) *

wow no side marker (warp) and no top vent holes for fresh air. Is that your car also sir John?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 9 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Is that your car also sir John?

It belongs to @MoveQik
Root_Werks
That is a clean look with the grill gone. Guess you'd have to think if you wanted/needed the little bit of fresh air that trickles through the system or not?
mlindner
John, I just made a drain pan for the air vent. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 9 2020, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 9 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Is that your car also sir John?

It belongs to @MoveQik

oh ok Michael’s car! thank you!
john77
Nice set up, Mark.

Where did you get the plugs for the wiper holes?

QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 9 2020, 04:34 PM) *

John, I just made a drain pan for the air vent. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

Coondog
Moveqiks car has the vents deleted
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
MoveQuick is sano,, but ,,fuch it,,straight up..
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(john77 @ Nov 9 2020, 12:17 PM) *

That is awesome.

I have the tools to do this myself - I'm flaring my car right now and then taking it back to bare metal for a respray, so I'll probably just add this to my to-do list.

Now you've seriously got me thinking about a monowiper too though, I'd love to hear more about it. What assembly/motor will you be using?

Marinco Watercraft, and AFI items for the mono-wiper conversion
Click to view attachment
mrp400
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Nov 10 2020, 03:13 AM) *

QUOTE(john77 @ Nov 9 2020, 12:17 PM) *

That is awesome.

Marinco Watercraft, and AFI items for the mono-wiper conversion
Click to view attachment
I bought my car with the cowl vents already blocked off. I like the look, it will take a bit of work to look presentable.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.