Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my car is killing me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
my car keeps on shitting oil and i cant breathe and i get headaches whenever i drive the car......

HELP!
bd1308
okay i am goign to drain and flush my oil sysstem and put 20W oil in there.......that way i have no extra crap in there......

its happening tongiht.
gklinger
quick! sell the car before you die!!!! boldblue.gif givemebeer.gif
SirAndy
alright ... where is the oil coming from?
davep
Pinky's revenge
Dave_Darling
I'm thinking his earlier post about "how do I stop the pushrod tubes from leaking without replacing the seals" is a big hint on that question, Aaahndy.

--DD
Mueller
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jul 15 2005, 01:07 PM)
I'm thinking his earlier post about "how do I stop the pushrod tubes from leaking without replacing the seals" is a big hint on that question, Aaahndy.

--DD

WHICH THREAD???

He's only asked/mentioned the leaking seals about 5 times...we've all told him what "has" to be done....

fix it correctly or shut-up about it screwy.gif biggrin.gif
bd1308
no way the revenge was when my engine died.

pushrod tube. but its just a very small drip from one tube seal.....

i wish somebody made a heat shield for these things....
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jul 15 2005, 01:07 PM)

i guess i should have put a smily in my post ...

daaaaaaave, i know! that's why i posted my previous post! i knew! i had read his earlier posts!

rolleyes.gif Andy
bd1308
i got paid today...monday the car is getting new stuff.
mikerose
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 15 2005, 11:38 AM)
i get headaches whenever i see a post from you

HELP!

slap.gif LOL
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 15 2005, 12:57 PM)
okay i am goign to drain and flush my oil sysstem and put 20W oil in there.......

You'll probably be okay as long as the weather stays below freezing.... boldblue.gif
airsix
You could take the flapper boxes off the heater tubes and jam spray-paint can caps over the tubes (a perfect fit). That will keep the smoke out of the car at the expense of losing the heater.
Or you could just replace the pushrod tube seals like a man and be done with it. wink.gif

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
REPLACE THE FUCKING SEALS AND YOUR PROBLEMS GO AWAY. DO NOT ASK HOW TO STOP YOUR LEAK AGAIN. headbang.gif
fuch toy
Blanket party?
scotty b
Britt I'm opny going to suggest this to you this one more time. headbang.gif Buy a gasket kit, drop the engine and replace ALL of the gaskets!! You will know they are all good (assuming they are installed properly) Theoretically this SHOULD have been done before the engine was put it BUT it wasn't so do it now and be done with it.
Mr.C
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 15 2005, 02:47 PM)
REPLACE THE FUCKING SEALS AND YOUR PROBLEMS GO AWAY. DO NOT ASK HOW TO STOP YOUR LEAK AGAIN. headbang.gif

D A N G! ohmy.gif owned.gif
bd1308
okay....thanks guys. smile.gif seriously. I'm just new to engine work.....I will order a gasket set. Usual Sources have them?

aaron, you dont have to respond ya know?
airsix
I don't think you need a whole gasket set and I don't think you need to drop the motor.

The usual suspects:
Valve cover gaskets
Push-rod tube seals (get Viton seals!)
Distributor O-ring
Oil pressure sender (not a gasket, but they often leak)
Oil cooler seals (least likely to leak and do require a motor drop*)

You can get all of the above for very cheap and cure 99% of 914 oil leaks. (main seals would be the other 1% and require an engine drop)

...and when you said 20w oil I hope you meant 20w-50.

-Ben M.

*Can be done without dropping motor, but much easier if you do. There is a high suicide rate among those who do this repair without dropping the motor. (I'm a survivor)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.