Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjhaun
Can anybody tell me if a stroker engine consumes more gas than a none stroked engine?

Thank You!!!!!!!
Andyrew
Depends how you drive it.

asside from that.. I dont know!
messix
generally if the displacement is the same there wont be much if any difference.

ideally an over square engine [ stroke is longer than the bore dia.] will be more fuel efficient than a under square engine [ stroke shorter than bore dia.] for the same displacement.

this subject can get very deep in engineering speak and thermodynamic theory.

do you wanna open this can of worms? monkeydance.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (pjhaun @ Jul 15 2005, 01:40 PM)
Can anybody tell me if a stroker engine consumes more gas than a none stroked engine?

Thank You!!!!!!!

bored with your V6???

chunger
I'm bored with my jackstands. . . laugh.gif
pjhaun
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 15 2005, 01:51 PM)

Thank You!!!!!!!

bored with your V6???

Mueller:

I found out that TA Performance in Scottsdale, AZ. has a storker kit for the Buick v6.
And believe it or not they make a Buick v6 aluminum block. They said it weights about 200 lbs. They even make aluminum heads. The v6 aluminum block goes up to 4.00 bore size. The guy I talk to said that these engines can put out over 900 HP with twin turbos.
I thought it be would cool to have an aluminum v6 that would put out 300 HP and only weight about 280 lbs.
914GT

Thank You!!!!!!!

A 'stroker' engine may or may not use more gas than a 'non-stroker' engine. Depends on how you are trying to define things. A 383 stroker has less displacement than a 'non-stroked' stock displacement 400, or big block 396, 427, or 454. So in that case it might use less gas if everything else (cams, head, etc.) was the same (which in the real world it won't be). But if you are comparing a 383 which has been stroked from a 350 than obviously its displacement is larger and it will have more torque and power, and probably use more gas in the process.
Mueller
QUOTE (pjhaun @ Jul 15 2005, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 15 2005, 01:51 PM)

Thank You!!!!!!!

bored with your V6???

Mueller:

I found out that TA Performance in Scottsdale, AZ. has a storker kit for the Buick v6.
And believe it or not they make a Buick v6 aluminum block. They said it weights about 200 lbs. They even make aluminum heads. The v6 aluminum block goes up to 4.00 bore size. The guy I talk to said that these engines can put out over 900 HP with twin turbos.
I thought it be would cool to have an aluminum v6 that would put out 300 HP and only weight about 280 lbs.

sounds neat and expensive...and I like it !!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.