Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPS Goodies dropped off...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Finally got a set of rear konis, #200lb springs, and the adjustable collars.

Brad you mentioned a basic measurement to set these up??

What the hell is it?

Thanks Jason for the parts.
DNHunt
Damn my back hurts boldblue.gif

Dave
rhodyguy
i didn't get any fancy rubber snubbers when i bought mine! sad.gif wow!!!, and you complained non stop about how stiff your car rode and how it was unbearable for any distance. i'm sure it will be much more fun to drive thrugh fed way now wacko.gif

k
914werke
I went 150lbs with mine ohmy.gif and that was the smallest available rate?
scottb
are your shocks available for a date on next friday?! they are that pretty! w00t.gif

can i ask where and how much cuz me thinks me wants..... drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
rhodyguy
i bought 100's when i got mine from hph.

k
Bleyseng
Call Jason at Paragon Products as he is da man.
Kevin, I just asked Jason for new snubbers all around and they were cheap too. I was running #180 springs so #200 springs won't be much different just with the Koni's I will be able to adjust everything like I want.
Shoot, I will be driving the Axis Racing Soup Wagon support vehicle and I'll let Blair drive the car. Now I have a way to carry the tires and stay dry when I go to Bremerton! I can even keep the pop and beer cold.
TravisNeff
You want to be about 40% lower than what the collar is for an initial setup.
Bleyseng
Ok, but I was hoping for some sort of measurement as I do know how to use a tape.....
Jacques
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jul 15 2005, 03:20 PM)
Finally got a set of rear konis, #200lb springs, and the ...

pirate.gif what company makes the 200#

http://www.paragon-products.com/category_s/198.htm

didn't see them here user posted image
nebreitling
there's no basic setup ive heard of. plug 'em in -- then set the ride height where you want it, or go ahead and spring for a proper corner balance.
qa1142
I went with #125's from Hyper-coil and pargon products. Back is fine
laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I personally have found you dont need the snubbers in the rear. Front.. yes.. trimmed in half. The rear will never "see" them.

Geoff,

I start them 1 inch up from the bottom, when the threaded piece is flipped onto the shock at its lowest setting. It also depends on whether or not you have 8inch or 10 inch springs.

Nathan,

Most of the 4cyl cars end up very close when corner weighting them. The biggest difference will of course be the driver.

B
914werke
is ther an advantage/disadvantage to 8 or 10" springs with a equivilent weight spring?
rhodyguy
who are you going to have do the corner balance geoff? i should think a car with 200lb springs would ride taller than car with 100lb set on the same collar point.

k
TeamAxisRacing
looks nice.. smile.gif

"I will be driving the Axis Racing Soup Wagon support vehicle and I'll let Blair drive the car. "

now thats the team attitude! smilie_pokal.gif

minor note i do believe this is my first post in about a year, bless the internet pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.