Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow top injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nb
Hi all,

Iv just put a battery on my new 914 to try and identify a fuel leak as declared by the previous owner.

Im guessing a test with low compressed air and carbon cleaner shouldn't leave bubbles coming from the plug terminals or from around the yellow cap/ metal housing?

Thanks

Nathan
bdstone914
QUOTE(914nb @ Nov 22 2020, 08:12 AM) *

Hi all,

Iv just put a battery on my new 914 to try and identify a fuel leak as declared by the previous owner.

Im guessing a test with low compressed air and carbon cleaner shouldn't leave bubbles coming from the plug terminals or from around the yellow cap/ metal housing?

Thanks

Nathan

That should work. Operating pressure is 32psi. They should handle 60 for test purposes.
914nb
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Nov 22 2020, 09:51 AM' post='2868443']
[quote name='914nb' post='2868428' date='Nov 22 2020, 08:12 AM']
Hi all,

Thanks

Nathan
[/quote]

That should work. Operating pressure is 32psi. They should handle 60 for test purposes.

Thanks for clarification, unfortunately I have all 4 injectors leaking, not something I was expecting when the previous owner had the injectors rebuilt and only had around a thousand miles on them.

Just found the starter is seized solid too! After some work I had it firing out but the motor won't turn
mepstein
We were pushing the car a bit with the gear engaged so I'm sure the engine tuns over. Are you sure the injectors are leaking and not a hose or seal? It would be really odd to have all 4 leak from a set that didn't leak before. I thought when the driver side was leaking it was a hose or seal that wasn't seated or clamped tightly.
914nb
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 22 2020, 11:06 AM) *

We were pushing the car a bit with the gear engaged so I'm sure the engine tuns over. Are you sure the injectors are leaking and not a hose or seal? It would be really odd to have all 4 leak from a set that didn't leak before. I thought when the driver side was leaking it was a hose or seal that wasn't seated or clamped tightly.

I will pop you a video mark so you can see what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.