Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Catch Can?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RolinkHaus
I’ve got the engine out and just curious if an oil catch can is worth it? What does an oil catch can do to the cooling properties? Good possibility I will track the car in the future.

piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif
Dion
@RolinkHaus you might pose this question in the Paddock for in depth answers. I’ll be running one on my six when done. I’m still learning but as I understand it ,the tank and motor need to be vented and vapors will be collected. Others more knowledgeable will respond. Good luck with the project.
Steve
Do a search lots of options for “catch can”!! On a stock six they dump the oil back in the motor via the intake. If you over fill the oil tank, you will have quite the smoke storm on startup!!. Otherwise it is normal to get “blow by” which either ends up back in the motor or in a catch can. Also makes a big mess if your running carbs. This is why most people use a catch can. Has nothing to do with making the motor run cool.
rgalla9146
Carbed 6 ? Cheap, easy, invisible and cleanable.
No modification to hoses for stock 6 air filter housing.
RolinkHaus
Thanks for the insight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.