Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next to :stromberg: this is the worst to step in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Next this stromberg.gif. This the worst around here. 6" Banana Slug. Big ones on the Olympic Pennisula get to be 9".
DNHunt
The thing followed me into the shop

Dave
rhodyguy
but the "oriental style" is great in stir fry.

k
bernbomb914
Dont let it near your Nickies ar15.gif ar15.gif

Bernie
redshift
icon8.gif
Bruce Allert
I got a lot of those big sucka's on Campus... tried the old salt trick (ya right)! all it did was make them slime more & crawled off. I tried pouring a mountain of salt on'm. Slim'd again & crawled off ohmy.gif Dey's SUPER slugs ohmy.gif

A hammer is the only thing that stops'm smash.gif

.........b happy11.gif
lapuwali
Fill a large dog bowl with cheap beer and leave it out. They crawl up into it, get sloshed, and can't crawl out again. Works remarkably well...
TravisNeff
Back when I lived in washinton I had some roommates with a 2 year old boy. They were trying to get him to go to the bathroom before bed. He would not do it. I told him to go find some slugs in the backyard and pee on them. All exited off he ran peeing on about 4 slugs. He was giggling up a storm when he came back. I then asked what the slugs were doing now, so he gets down about 2" away from the slug and say eeeewww! there MELTING! heh heh heh.
TonyAKAVW
I bet a 5 second burst of brake cleaner would pretty much take it out.

-Tony
Elliot_Cannon
You guys are gonna here from PETS. People for the Ehical Treatment of Slugs. laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
Katmanken
Mmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmm GOOD!

Anybody have any hot dog buns?

Nuttin lilke a little slug on the grill on a bun.......

Ken
J P Stein
The beer in the bowl works gud. Just don't forget to empty is regularly or it becomes a frothing mass of.....sludge......that word doesn't do it justice. Doesn't smell too shiney either. icon8.gif
DNHunt
Ducks are the answer, they love em. Then you can eat the ducks. Um Good
redshift
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Jul 16 2005, 12:23 PM)
I got a lot of those big sucka's on Campus... tried the old salt trick (ya right)! all it did was make them slime more & crawled off. I tried pouring a mountain of salt on'm. Slim'd again & crawled off ohmy.gif Dey's SUPER slugs ohmy.gif

ROFLMAO! LOL HAHAHAHA! HAhahshehehaha
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Jul 16 2005, 02:35 PM)
I bet a 5 second burst of brake cleaner would pretty much take it out.

-Tony

followed by a match happy11.gif

you gonna burn in HELL... (slug hell)
redshift
I can't help but wonder just how these poor snot monsters got on the 'DIE! DIE! DIE!' list.

smile.gif

M
smooth_eddy
Actually the yellow banana ones are not bad. It's the brown ones that will eat your garden in the night. Eddy
redshift
Ok, I see..

So Dave, ducks eat banana slugs? Slug fattened ducks don't seem too appealing, as a dinner.. and then you have the persistant banana slug/eaten duck syndrome, anyhow..

Does anything eat duck shit? I am thinking that is the answer.

M
rhodyguy
other ducks eat duck shit. they poop in the water they drink too. i like petting ducks. so does that smartty pants guy carl rove. oops.

r, today
redshift
Uhoh, this thread is getting political.

I had no idea that banana slugs could be so...mmm.. partisan.

M
DNHunt
Hey Miles you like crab. Crabs eat stromberg.gif.

Bruce Allert
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 16 2005, 06:45 PM)
I can't help but wonder just how these poor snot monsters got on the 'DIE! DIE! DIE!' list.

smile.gif

M

Miles, have you ever stepped on a slug barefoot icon8.gif
You need to use gas to get the slime off... ya, really, no shit! N'if they're big enought n' you step on'm on the sidewalk it's like a bananna peal. Seen many'a folks bust'n their buns from slip'n on slugs dance.gif

.........b
bd1308
cool rhyme. didn't know salt didnt work on slugs. i never burned ants with a magnifing glass either. burned myself once with the same technique. put a huge gaping hole in my brain......
scotty b
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Jul 16 2005, 05:21 PM)
Ducks are the answer, they love em. Then you can eat the ducks. Um Good

wink.gif Why not just eat the slugs and cut out the middle man, errr middle duck? wacko.gif
"Save a duck, eat a slug" That should be the new bumper sticker for you guys laugh.gif
scotty b
You know you can drink their poo right?
redshift
Mmmm Slurm..

M
Pugbug
You guys are so cruel.....Banana slugs=Good.
I read a piece of research done on them a couple of years ago. According to the article an ingredient in their slime is a great treatment for exzema. The scientists are trying to isolate it.
I take daily walks around a local lake....I have had a patch of exzema on my left arm for years....Itched constantly.....I see slug and say to myself ..."what the hell" and pick up slug...Rug slime on exzema patch.....
This was two years ago, and it worked ....no more exzema, but if I have to repeat the "treatment" I won't pick up the slug with my bare hands again....The slime is impossible to wash off.
rhodyguy
the same stuff is great for sore throats too, but you're not supposed to swallow the whole slug. it's the swabing that gags me. icon8.gif slug slime harvesting is the new cottage industry in washington. interesting tip tho.

k

redshift
laugh.gif

GROSSSSS
scrz914
Banana Slugs are treated with much reverence here in Santa Cruz. UCSC even uses them as their mascot. Check out the movie Pulp Fiction. Travolta has a UCSC Banana Slugs T-shirt. chairfall.gif
olav

Slugs are great for hemroids too!!

Just grab one and use it as a suppository, the slime soothes the little red fellers.

That's what my Grandma said anyway.

confused24.gif

Inserting a ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.