Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tilting to one side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
I walked up to the rear of of my car and noticed it was lower on one side than the other. Checked the tire pressure (which was OK). Got out the meassuring tape to make sure my eyes weren't off and there is a defininte 3/4" difference. Lower on the right side.

My '72 is pretty much stock including all the dirt and oil caked on the springs and shocks. I cleaned things up and the shocks are red and probably really old.

Any ideas about what might cause this list and what the fix might be?
skline
Front torsion bar adjustment.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 16 2005, 01:25 PM)

agree.gif

whoever set the ride height didn't get things nice and level..
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 16 2005, 11:25 AM)

could very well be, but ...

right side as in pass. side? idea.gif

i'd say, check the suspension console ear first. initial symptom of a cracked ear is sagging of the car. once it breaks off completely, the car will just fall down onto the tire. not gud ...

unsure.gif Andy
watsonrx13
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jul 16 2005, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 16 2005, 11:25 AM)

could very well be, but ...

right side as in pass. side? idea.gif

i'd say, check the suspension console ear first. initial symptom of a cracked ear is sagging of the car. once it breaks off completely, the car will just fall down onto the tire. not gud ...

unsure.gif Andy

agree.gif

Don't let someone else do the repair half-a$$ like the PO on mine...

Here's the beginning of the repair on my website.
Michael J
Everything under the car is good and solid so I am going for a torsion bar adjustment in the morning. I read some of the archive threads and know a little more about axle height adjustment. So we shall see. Thanks for the ideas.
Michael J
I adjusted the torsion bar on the passenger side so it matched the drivers side and the problem with the rear is gone. Great. Now afer bringing the right side up about 5/8 " do I need to realign the front end?
skline
If it was out of alignment before, then yes, otherwise, you really didnt change much with the torsion bar adjustment except ride height and maybe a little stiffness. It never hurts to have the front end checked however anytime you change something with your front suspension.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.