Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fasten Belts light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nacho
Hello

So I’ve been trouble shooting my Fasten Belts for a few days and not sure if I’m actually chasing a problem. With the ignition key in the off position and the key out with closed or open doors the light stays lightly dim. Thoughts?

Click to view attachment
Nacho
Any wire harness gurus out there?

Nacho
914_teener
QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 5 2020, 01:54 PM) *

Hello

So I’ve been trouble shooting my Fasten Belts for a few days and not sure if I’m actually chasing a problem. With the ignition key in the off position and the key out with closed or open doors the light stays lightly dim. Thoughts?

Click to view attachment

Your door switches are worn or not connected correctly assuming you have a 73 or later.
Nacho
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 5 2020, 10:31 PM) *

Hello

Click to view attachment

Your door switches are worn or not connected correctly assuming you have a 73 or later.

Interesting. I have the 4 connector type door switches. Do you happen to have a picture of where the wires connect on the switches ?

Thanks
Nacho

914_7T3
@nacho

I have extra switches if you need. One of mine was bad. Also if the connectors break and it touches the body, it will also mess up the whole circuit; dome light, buzzer......
914_teener
QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 5 2020, 07:49 PM) *

Hello

Click to view attachment

Interesting. I have the 4 connector type door switches. Do you happen to have a picture of where the wires connect on the switches ?

Thanks
Nacho

Pretty sure you can search for wiring diagram. They are all switched grounds. Two are for the buzzer and seatbelt and IIRC the others are for the dome ligjt. Test the switch continuity first with a DVM before the goose chase starts.
Nacho
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Dec 6 2020, 08:34 PM) *

@nacho

I have extra switches if you need. One of mine was bad. Also if the connectors break and it touches the body, it will also mess up the whole circuit; dome light, buzzer......

Thanks. I did have a switch that was being a bit of a pain, and I'm not confident its working correctly. I'll give you a buzz.

Thanks
Nacho
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 6 2020, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Nacho @ Dec 5 2020, 07:49 PM) *

Hello

Click to view attachment

Thanks
Nacho

Pretty sure you can search for wiring diagram. They are all switched grounds. Two are for the buzzer and seatbelt and IIRC the others are for the dome ligjt. Test the switch continuity first with a DVM before the goose chase starts.

Sweet thanks for the help. beerchug.gif

Nacho
r_towle
isn't all the seatbelt garbage wiring underneath the passenger seat?
mine is all removed now smile.gif
mate914
I'm thinking ground issue....
If ground connections are not good on car, electricity will find its own way to ground.
When that happens things don't work right.

Matt
Maltese Falcon
Simple fix, set the trigger 12v signal (to the bulb) to a hobbs (manifold) switch, set activation at 1 bar boost ! Make sure to belt-up
Click to view attachment
Nacho
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 7 2020, 11:24 PM) *

Simple fix, set the trigger 12v signal (to the bulb) to a hobbs (manifold) switch, set activation at 1 bar boost ! Make sure to belt-up
Click to view attachment

agree.gif Why didn't I think of that! headbang.gif lol-2.gif

Nacho
Nacho
So far things are pointing at a bad drivers door switch. Tomorrow I will be swapping the switch out. If that is the problem then I'm one step closer to driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.