Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Midenginer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 15 2020, 05:19 PM) *

Option C given your introduction.

Buy a used Cayman 987.2 or .1

Dependable and already has the -6 as you know.

BTDT.

As with any Porsche buy the best car you can afford.

A cheap Porsche is the most expensive car you will ever own.

Thanks I'm keeping my options open but I'm really looking for something that has a classic feel and lower maintenance cost than a modern Porsche. One of my bigger struggles is that with a wife and two boys a 2+2 would be ideal. 928 is not quite it. Ferrari 308 GT4 someday perhaps but not this time around.
RiqueMar
Dropping in my 2-cents into this thread. I drove north, and visited the car last night as proxy for another interested buyer.

In summary, the BaT advertisement reflects a solid drivers car and an even more solid and good-faith seller. I'm happy to answer any questions via PM for anyone who might be interested.

@Midenginer - Good luck on your search, should you need it, you have a friend in San Diego.

Good luck to the Seller, BaT - mbrogden !
ericoneal
Buy my 2.0 and use the leftover money for an awesome road trip back home. smile.gif
burton73
QUOTE(type2man @ Dec 15 2020, 05:53 PM) *

I sure as hell wouldnt pay 35k for the 914 on BAT, maybe 25k tops

SOLD FOR $25,250 ON 12/17/20

Bob B
Cairo94507
That was a good buy at that price. Great call Type2man.
Coondog
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 17 2020, 02:01 PM) *

That was a good buy at that price. Great call Type2man.

I agree smile.gif motivated seller
930cabman
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 15 2020, 08:19 PM) *

Option C given your introduction.

Buy a used Cayman 987.2 or .1

Dependable and already has the -6 as you know.

BTDT.

As with any Porsche buy the best car you can afford.

A cheap Porsche is the most expensive car you will ever own.

Would this philosophy hold true for a free Porsche?
Midenginer
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 17 2020, 10:15 AM) *

Dropping in my 2-cents into this thread. I drove north, and visited the car last night as proxy for another interested buyer.

In summary, the BaT advertisement reflects a solid drivers car and an even more solid and good-faith seller. I'm happy to answer any questions via PM for anyone who might be interested.

@Midenginer - Good luck on your search, should you need it, you have a friend in San Diego.

Good luck to the Seller, BaT - mbrogden !

Appreciate it! Thanks
Midenginer
914 Worlders, especially Steve, Keith, Tom, and John,
Thanks for your guidance on the brief 914 part of my journey to buy a nice little driver's car.
After deciding I really wanted a 2+2 so my 4 and 10 year old could ride along, I upped the budget and came very close to getting a 993 but luckily the PPI found a serious previous accident (be careful with a dealer that is NOT in Beverly Hills).
Then someone suggested the Lotus Evora. Had not even crossed my mind but 2+2 check, midengine check, rides on rails check, fast check, sounds awesome check, low(er) maintenance check, still in budget check and today wrote the check for an Evora 400!
She's a 2017, less than 4k miles, still under warranty, drives tight and quick and kids fit (barely).
Just thought I'd share the end if my 914 chapter (for now) and start off a new one. Hope to see you around.Click to view attachment
euro911
You're more than welcome to join in at any of our events, no matter what you drive. The guys & girls on this forum are a great bunch of folks and typically (pre-covid, and hopefully, post-covid) have some really cool events spread out over the year.
Tdskip
Congratulations and by all means keep in touch
GBX0073
Congrats on the lotus ,having a young family and a solo toy can add to guilt and loneness
so having a option that they can join if they want will help the whole family share in the joy! been there sold the car and got a Boat to go out with the whole family

This was a great thread and really impressed with the help extended to Midenginer from everyone on the forum .I am looking for my first 914 and will post an introduction similar to this one.

Midenginer
Agreed, the people here really do go out of there way to welcome and help. LotusTalk forum has also been very helpful but haven't met or talked to any of them.
You'll always get a wave from me!
Happy New Year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.