Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: cheap steering wheel hub for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stownsen914
I'm looking for a cheap steering wheel hub for my 914 racecar, brand doesn't matter. The car is a '72, but for my purpose early or late style should work because I don't need to worry about the turn signal cancel on the backside for my application. I'll be shortening the hub and modifying it to accept a steering wheel quick release, so most any hub will do. Even a broken stock steering wheel would work as long at the hub portion is intact.

I have a Nardi hub that fits a late 914 to trade in case that's interesting to anyone.

Thanks!
bdstone914
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Dec 20 2020, 09:12 AM) *

I'm looking for a cheap steering wheel hub for my 914 racecar, brand doesn't matter. The car is a '72, but for my purpose early or late style should work because I don't need to worry about the turn signal cancel on the backside for my application. I'll be shortening the hub and modifying it to accept a steering wheel quick release, so most any hub will do. Even a broken stock steering wheel would work as long at the hub portion is intact.

I have a Nardi hub that fits a late 914 to trade in case that's interesting to anyone.

Thanks!

I have a couple that should work for you. $20 plus shipping. Will dig them out and check the pattern.
@stownsen914
stownsen914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 20 2020, 10:16 AM) *

I have a couple that should work for you. $20 plus shipping. Will dig them out and check the pattern.

Thank you, sounds good
stownsen914
Still looking - thanks
mepstein
This would be a correct hub for your 72. It was carefully removed from a stock wheel. The corrosion stains are from the steel spokes but will remove easily with a wire wheel or bead blasting. $20 + 8 ship.
stownsen914
mepstein - thanks, that'll work. Sending a PM.

Scott
stownsen914
Thank you mepstein.

I'm actually looking for a second one of these if anyone has. Either a hub removed from a stock wheel, or a broken/damaged stock wheel.

Merry Christmas!
Mark Henry
Can I ask are you making a custom shorter Momo hub adaptor?
For a quick release hub?

If so is there a thread on this and/or could you please do a write up on your project.
Thanks
stownsen914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 25 2020, 04:29 PM) *

Can I ask are you making a custom shorter Momo hub adaptor?
For a quick release hub?

If so is there a thread on this and/or could you please do a write up on your project.
Thanks

Sure - I'm making a steering wheel quick release adapter (actually two of them, for a 911 and a 914). I am not happy with the off the shelf options because most of them put the wheel a few inches closer to the driver than I prefer.
914ltd
I have a Porsche hub on Ebay, $24.95 with shipping. Brad

EBay listing 392927745319
stownsen914
Still looking for a second hub like the one I'm buying from mepstein (see above). Anyone got one? Or a broken stock steering wheel that I can salvage the hub from?
GaroldShaffer
I have one off an early 70 wheel if that works for you.
Same deal as Mark. $20 plus $8 shipping.
stownsen914
Garold - thanks, that should work. Sending a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.