Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wildfirelifts was not expecting 914 content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
I am looking for a new service lift for the shop. And I am sure most will say go 2 post, but my other cars are a little scary to work on for certain service procedures due to the requirements to fill transmission when running. - What was ZF thinking, but then it is what it is.

So I am looking for a 4 post that can lift my stuff, has wheels to move it around. Nothing in my shop is bolted down. Except the compressor and one bench.

So I was looking at Wildfire lifts, and well I am impressed. 5"x5" columns, rollers, stout as all get out, decent pricing.

Flipping through the customer pictures I saw this - if it is yours lets talk about this lift.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Greg smith equipment.
Great, wonderful, and responsive customer service.
I have a four poster, with wheels.
Get the optional jack, awesome addition.
I wish I had two of the jacks to get all four wheels off the lift occasionally.
Get aluminum Ramps, the steel ramps weigh too much.

I had a shop do some work on my 911 on a two post lift, and when it’s on the lift, you can easily pick the front of the car off the lift.
I am a four post lift guy after seeing that.

914 engine will not fit in between the ramps, so pulling the motor is still done on the floor, my only regret.
Mine is 8k lbs capacity.
Piston lasted about 8 years before failing.
Set it up, load it with a heavy car for a day.
Keep all the weight on the cables to set-stretch them
Re-adjust for level, then enjoy.
mepstein
Like many other stores in Delaware, GSE stays very busy since there is no sales tax. They are 5 minutes off exit 1 on I95.

The Porsche shop where I used to work has 6 two post lifts. They drop and install engines on every model year air cooled Porsche. Never had a hint of a problem. Before any car goes up, it gets tested a couple inches off the ground.

That said, I understand wanting to get the lift that will work for all your cars.

I just got a Maxjax but it's dedicated to my 914's. I don't work on the daily's.
FRUNKenstein
I got both of my lifts from Greg Smith Equipment back in 2008. Both 4 posts. And yes, I just serviced the ZF 8HP45 tranny on my Dodge Durango on one last week. Really annoying fill procedure on those trannies.

Anyhow, I love the 4 post lifts. Makes life much easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.