Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlights work on dim but not bright
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brenda
Porsche 914 1973 headlight problem.
The lights pop up - dim lights come on but when I try to use the bright headlights the brights stay on while the handle is held but then when I release the handle the lights go out completely. When I pull the handle again the dims come back on. I have replaced the switch but same problem Any ideas?
Thanks
brenda
bdstone914
QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 5 2021, 04:10 PM) *

The lights pop up - dim lights come on but when I try to use the bright headlights the brights stay on while the handle is held but then when I release the handle the lights go out completely. When I pull the handle again the dims come back on. I have replaced the switch but same problem Any ideas?
Thanks

@brenda

Possibly the Hi/low headlight relay. It is on the top of the fuse panel under the dash.
Check fuses 1 through four. They control hi and low beams
terryth
Likely the relay, it attaches to the back of the fuse panel. I just replaced mine.

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 5 2021, 05:10 PM) *

Thanks
brenda

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.