Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singer my Tune
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I Want To Find WTF.gif a reliable well seasoned Weber Tipo 40IDT3C & C1 carb tuner in the Scottsdale / Phoenix area and would greatly appreciate a reference from anyone with that experience locally to this area.

My carbs were originally refurbed, set up, and balanced on my engine by the famous OCWCG (Orange County Weber Carb Guru) a couple of years ago and I have limped along keeping them clean and fresh to the extent possible in off-and-on weekly use.

It is now time to have them looked at by a pro again and any thoughts from your experience on a local talent would be greatly appreciated.

beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Hello Forrest! Good you’re back to the forum again!
If in case there is no local from you that can rebuild/clean your carbs.
Check OC shops and just ship them. If they don’t want to deal with shipping, you can send it to me and I will bring it to the shop here in OC that you prefer then I can ship it back to you.

Stay safe and God bless!
BillC
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 8 2021, 02:09 PM) *

I Want To Find WTF.gif a reliable well seasoned Weber Tipo 40IDT3C & C1 carb tuner in the Scottsdale / Phoenix area and would greatly appreciate a reference from anyone with that experience locally to this area.

My carbs were originally refurbed, set up, and balanced on my engine by the famous OCWCG (Orange County Weber Carb Guru) a couple of years ago and I have limped along keeping them clean and fresh to the extent possible in off-and-on weekly use.

It is now time to have them looked at by a pro again and any thoughts from your experience on a local talent would be greatly appreciated.

beerchug.gif

I think I see your problem -- your intakes are plugged!

lol-2.gif
Cairo94507
I don't know, but Patrick Motorsports comes to mind. beerchug.gif
roblav1
Step 1: swap them for IDA
All kidding aside, most probs are due to crud... fuel bowls, idle jets, and those little idle transition orifices, which are different on ida versus idt. I ran about 15 years with webers on 911s... all as daily drivers. Once properly tuned, they run right almost forever as long as they get clean fuel.
914Toy
Sent you a PM.
gms
Beck's European
Seaside6
I recommend trying Driven Carb Defender before sending your carbs out again.

I had my Webers redone by Performance Oriented and it was running like a top when I got them back. After a while they started getting a bit cruddy. I had my local mechanic do a bit of clean up and adjusting. He found crystalline build up throughout that was affecting performance. He said the crud was probably the result of moisture in the fuel, moisture that is attracted by the ethanol in our modern fuels.

When he returned the car he handed me a 10 oz. bottle of Driven Racing Oil Carb Defender Fuel Additive and told me to add half a bottle to a tank of gas. I carried the bottle around for a month or so, until my car started spitting and sputtering again. I took it for a 2 hour drive away thinking that would clear things up. The car was still stumbling a bit when I arrived at my destination, @mueller house. On the return I stopped for gas and decided to give Carb Defender a try. I added half of the 10 oz. bottle and about 30 minutes later I noticed that my stumbling was gone!

I now add Carb Defender each time I fill up and my car is running fine. Previously, I was routinely blowing crud out of the idle jets. I no longer have to do that.

I buy Carb Defender from Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jgr-70040. I buy enough to get the free shipping ($99). Also, when I last purchased they included a $20 coupon for a future order, which was good for 4-6 months.

I love Carb Defender.
forrestkhaag
thanks for the info / working on cleaning now. Carb Defender soulds like a good plan as well.

beerchug.gif
Mueller
Last couple of times I have driven Sandys /6 it has run great!
Steve
Maybe call Stuttgart Southwest and ask for recommendations. I had pretty good luck with them when I lived there back in the late 90’s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.