Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
Not a bad thing to do. Sometimes these cold start valves leak and will cause a rich running condition. Your box of Ljet parts looks beautiful, but it is concerning that is was removed for some reason. So it would be wise to be proactive with checking most everything before bolting these unknown parts back on.

I haven't followed your previous posts, are you building a concours mint 914? Have you already replaced the plastic fuel lines in the tunnel? This may be argumentative to many, but I would ditch the 3 port fuel pump, and relocate the new fuel pump up front.
shane
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Feb 13 2021, 09:23 PM) *

Not a bad thing to do. Sometimes these cold start valves leak and will cause a rich running condition. Your box of Ljet parts looks beautiful, but it is concerning that is was removed for some reason. So it would be wise to be proactive with checking most everything before bolting these unknown parts back on.

I haven't followed your previous posts, are you building a concours mint 914? Have you already replaced the plastic fuel lines in the tunnel? This may be argumentative to many, but I would ditch the 3 port fuel pump, and relocate the new fuel pump up front.

Definitely not concours but keeping everything as stock as I can. Was thinking about getting the 2 port but not sure about relocating it to the front yet. A quick test on the FI harness showed a bad wire and more then a few brittle and cracked. I’m betting the PO was fighting that maybe. The hoses on the injectors are new but did notice not much of a bend on them. Was mainly looking for info on what is directly beneath the plenum so I can buy those parts and get started with the installation soon. Thanks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(shane @ Feb 13 2021, 07:09 PM) *

Received my injectors back, the hoses are pretty straight and hard to bend will that be to much stress on the injectors? I have most of the gaskets and stuff needed to install now. The plenum lines up with the studs on the case but I don’t know if the front stud has a nut on it then another one for the plenum? Also I’m missing I think a harness strap and something else that mounts directly under the plenum? Would appreciate advice thank you in advance for any help beerchug.gif

IPB Image

I would suggest that you get the fuel line elbow kit from Tangerine racing. It will fix the issue with the hard to bend lines on the injectors.

I used one on my BMW to fix the NLA fuel line elbows on the dual fuel filter setup.

timothy_nd28
I'm actually in the process of making a few repairs on my Ljet harness too. I'm sure you already know this, but Jeff Bowlsby offers a wiring harness rebuild service.
wonkipop
the injector hoses literally support the fuel rails and naturally place them in the right position "floating" in space.
you should search out the 90 degree bend hoses.
plenty of vendors for them.

it wouldn't be good to have any of the fuel lines in the engine bay forced into position and stressed.
shane
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 15 2021, 12:23 AM) *

the injector hoses literally support the fuel rails and naturally place them in the right position "floating" in space.
you should search out the 90 degree bend hoses.
plenty of vendors for them.

it wouldn't be good to have any of the fuel lines in the engine bay forced into position and stressed.

I see, just looked at the rails and saw no mounting holes or studs. With that said I’m guessing they wouldn’t have the proper clearance at the wrong angle, As they are floating like you mentioned. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.