Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Rear End
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickso71
Finally got the engine installed and back on its tires and about 1" of the rear tires are covered by the fenders and there's a gap of about 1" between the front tires and the fenders. Looks a little silly and since I've never seem the car with the engine in, don't have a 'before' to compare to. The fuel tank's almost empty (1gal.?) and the spare is in place.

I know I can adjust the front height down some but do I need new rear springs to raise the rear?
Aaron Cox
what rear shocks/springs do you have? original?

rickso71
Don't know what's original. The shocks are orange and the springs yellow, if that means anything.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (rickso71 @ Jul 17 2005, 09:49 PM)
Don't know what's original. The shocks are orange and the springs yellow, if that means anything.

Orange- replacement Boge shocks

Yellow- probably an aftermarket 'lowering' spring. about an inch and a half shorter than stock....combine that with a tired spring, and you have a low rear end....

lower the front smile.gif

or get a spring/shock combo with an adjustable perch to play with rear ride height wink.gif
Joe Ricard
Lower the front till you are happy. give it about a 1/2 tank of gas. turnthe two adjusters onthe front A arms till they are level to the ground. that'll make the butt look too high.

Should be level or slightly raked to the front. SLIGHTLY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.