Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing Shift Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1adam12
Received Chris's 4cyl shift linkage kit this week and I'm trying to install Tangerine's shift rod through the shift counsel. Do you need to enlarge the coupler that it passes through? Just like the stock shift rod, it stops just at the back side of the coupler that's connected to the selector.
ChrisFoley
I thought everything was well covered in the instructions.
Can you point to a step number where you're having trouble?
1adam12
Hey Chris! I'm at steps 7-10. I've already installed your mounting bracket into my now modified shift counsel. The rear of the shift rod piece doesnt pass through my shift selector coupler. I'll take a pic.

QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jan 30 2021, 03:35 PM) *

I thought everything was well covered in the instructions.
Can you point to a step number where you're having trouble?

1adam12
This image is probably going to be huge and upside down Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
1adam12
So if you look at where the rod stops in the counsel, that's were it gets hung up. I'm wondering if there's something aloof about that coupler. I pulled it off a donor car and it was shimed with aluminum originally and has always been loose since I installed on my car.
ChrisFoley
It should slide all the way to the cone screw hole.
The bore in the shift rod head is probably buggered a little bit.
1adam12
Okay, I'll do some adjusting to the hole. Thanks a lot Chris for your help. Looking forward to finishing up on this install.

QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jan 30 2021, 04:44 PM) *

It should slide all the way to the cone screw hole.
The bore in the shift rod head is probably buggered a little bit.

ChrisFoley
One more thing - I usually finish the short shaft installation before attaching the universal joint.
VaccaRabite
You are going to love this once it done and dialed in. It will be stiff at first but I either got used to it or it broke in. But shifting is SO much cleaner now all the way around.

Zach
gereed75
Been awhile since I put mine in, but yep gotta get the shift rod to slide all the way through the selector lever and into the back bearing.

Then it will take some length adjustment to make it all work right. But when it does this setup absolutely transforms 901 shifting. Mine has a Weltmiester short shift also and I can say it actually is a pretty short precise gear change ( once out of first and into the H)

Best money I spent on the whole car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.